More attractive when unavailable

• Author

Another guy was trying to holla at me, I think. I didn't realize it later bc he was so low key.

I wonder why the universe would give someone something they have no use or desire for.

• Author

Oh and older guys pretty much stopped hitting on me. A lot of guys now who try to holla are like 8,9 years younger than me. Guts my age never seemed interested in me. Maybe it was my body type lol. Too bad, what a waste at my age.

Do people really get more interest from others when they are already dating or unavailable in some way? Has this happened to you?

When with girlfriends, no. While married, yes. Power of the ring. From both married/LTR and single women.

• Like 1

This is very true to me. Another thing is the older I get, the younger the guys that gets attracted to me and they can be very forward. I also noticed that when I was pregnant, I get hit on guys more often. The pregnant getting hit on part was kinda weird, though :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
This is very true to me. Another thing is the older I get, the younger the guys that gets attracted to me and they can be very forward. I also noticed that when I was pregnant, I get hit on guys more often. The pregnant getting hit on part was kinda weird, though :(.

Interesting. When I was younger, guys my age didn't give me the time of day.

Unfortunately, I can understand why guys were hitting on you when you were pregnant. They can't knock you up. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hotpotato.

I don't know why when I am not in a caring mode. Why if it happens. Thats when some women express romantic attraction to me. I can't figure it out.

When I think of women in my life. Never when I am in a mode to express romantic intentions to them. Is it every just straight forward cut and dry.

I see three types of women when it comes to romance for couples. The man woos the woman into a relationship. The Woman woos the man into a relationship with her. Or Mutual attraction.

Doesn't make a difference in my life, it seems. There's equally little interest whether I'm single or have been seeing someone.

• Author
Hotpotato.

I don't know why when I am not in a caring mode. Why if it happens. Thats when some women express romantic attraction to me. I can't figure it out.

When I think of women in my life. Never when I am in a mode to express romantic intentions to them. Is it every just straight forward cut and dry.

I see three types of women when it comes to romance for couples. The man woos the woman into a relationship. The Woman woos the man into a relationship with her. Or Mutual attraction.

So strange that the universe is giving us something when we dont want it. It seems so pointless.

In the past, I dated a few divorced men who told me their own personal stories about how they seemed to get approached more once they had a wedding band on their finger as compared to when they did not, which I find an interesting topic, as well.

For me, if a person is married then that means that the person is definitely off limits, friend material at best, and preferably with the couple, not just one partner or another. Coveting another person's husband or wife is a no-no that I have been guilty of in the past. Nowadays, nope. It doesn't cross my mind once I am aware of another persons bonds. I respect a vow. And my blinders come on and if I find myself dwelling on it more than I should, well, then I pray and keep on going.

It is human to some degree to covet what we can not have, but that does not make it a good thing, in my opinion. To me, it is a defect, and a root which must be dug out of a garden before bitterness and jealousy springs up from that ground.

Lost interest years ago and now flirt shamelessly with the ladies. Had a few married women jump me but nothing else. Next time out socially I'll try the old wedding band on and see what happens. All in good fun.

I too believe married people are considered 'safer' for flirting since technically unavailable so there's nothing at stake on either side. No downside. No power struggle.

In the morning I want to go home and make love to my wife, in the afternoon I want to go home and make love to my wife and when I'm working late I really want to just go home, use the bathroom, shower, have dinner and then make love to my wife.

Since my wife is on my mind I don't put out "I find you interesting on some level" energy toward other women so no, they don't try anything with me. Other than one or two crazy exceptions. It's almost always a two way street with these things. If you're getting that kind of attention you're inviting it.

• Like 1

Happened to me. When I got in my very first relationship, this girl who I've known for a while got so jealous/mad that she literally threatened to use witchcraft to ruin my life and then blocked me on every social media.

People are just... unpredictable.

Happened to me. When I got in my very first relationship, this girl who I've known for a while got so jealous/mad that she literally threatened to use witchcraft to ruin my life and then blocked me on every social media.

People are just... unpredictable.

you shouldn't be dating witches