Ghosted...Reply for Closure?

I think the best indicator in this instance is to see how the communication is like during those weeks on holiday vacation.

It never made any sense to me why anyone would go on a date right before a planned vacation. What if you meet someone on vacation? Wouldn't you want to keep your options open? The date goes well and all of a sudden, "Oh btw I will be going on vacation...ya we can get together in 2, 3, 4 weeks". And why would anyone spend their time chatting to someone they had one date with during their vacation? Not me. IMO it's a waste of time.

• Like 1
kfm, this happened to me as well, where I had strong feelings, was eagerly told "yes" to suggestions of meeting again, then heard nothing back. I also wanted some sort of closure. However, I had already been told many times that no response means the woman is not interested. After a day passed, I (unhappily) dropped it, found an in-depth article detailing dating mistakes, identified where I went wrong, and moved on. It's not easy though. I feel badly for you. It sounds like she was pretty amazing...

Sure. But there may not be any "dating mistakes" though.

Where my advice differs from most of the other posts on here is that I suggest a bit more persistence. If I really liked the girl I certainly wouldn't give up after only one text that wasn't responded to. And I speak from experience here. Being a little persistent WORKS. It has saved quite a few situations. And if she doesn't respond back to you, then well, you did what you could.

These type of situations come up here on this forum all the time. Here is likely what really happened: This girl probably did have a nice time on the date with OP. But you got to keep in mind two things here:

1. That this girl was so responsive to you OP during the date doesn't mean she is infatuated, it is just her baseline personality coming through. She probably is good at making her dates feel special.

2. Since the time she got home from the OP's date she has been bombarded with messages. Maybe she already had a couple of dates already set for later in the week.

Now, keep in mind by persistence I don't mean bugging her 20 times a day no response for the next couple of weeks. BUT I do mean something more than sending a weaksauce text on Friday saying to let you know if she wants to get a coffee with you, and then giving up when she doesn't respond to that sad text by Sunday.

Edited by Imajerk17
Was just one date but anyone who's ever had a truly amazing first date (amidst many terrible ones!) might understand where I'm coming from.

You may have felt you had an amazing date but amidst terrible ones. How do you know its not one of her terrible ones from many of her amazing dates?

Its only just one date and she doesnt want a second.

I suggest a bit more persistence.

I'm really interested in what you said. Supposing 24 hour pass, and it seems clear it's over. What would you do, and how long would you wait to do it?

hamsterhouse

If there's one thing that I've learned in my dating life, and also one of the hardest things to accept, it's that people who want to see you will make an effort to do so.

I've been in your situation more than once, just recently in fact, and I know exactly how you feel. A couple of months ago I went on a date with a girl that I thought went really well. Spontaneous, fun, lots in common, we had each other laughing, great flowing conversation, impromptu dinner, followed by a nice warm hug and a smooch goodbye. She had a huge smile on her face when we parted ways and texted me later that night. A few days later when I went for a second date she enthusiastically agreed, even sent me some funny banter, and when I tried to get her availability she just disappeared on me. This was all within a span of 15 minutes. It really sucked, but eventually I just had to accept that she just wasn't feeling it the same way I did.

Her silence is her answer. Don't text her again. Delete her number and move on to the next.

• Like 2