Improper grammar?

SunnySide0418

When I think about it, some of the most accomplished people I know aren't always proper in their use of the language

That is true, bad grammar affects all people equally..

I will say this, in life I carry the philosophy that I don't care what others who are not in my inner circle think of me, and by inner circle I mean those very close to me.

I could care a less what my neighbors think of me or the cashier at the local Kroger all down the line to what I wear when I go to a Home Depot.

It makes it easier to not take things so seriously and live a life of less anxiety over what others think and also make it easier to look past what others look like in the same circumstances... so it makes it easier to be less judgmental.

My wife however is another story.. she take 1.5 hrs to get ready for a little league Baseball Game... :laugh:

• Like 1

I wouldn't have gotten past the first conversation to even give him a chance, so I understand the turnoff.

We all have things that we find unattractive, that's normal. OP only you can decide if it's a deal breaker for you. You shouldn't feel bad about what decision you make.

I've been dating a great guy for for almost 6 months. I've noticed lately I'm getting more and more turned off by him using improper grammar. For instance, he'll say "We was on a conference call" instead of were or he'll say no more instead of anymore and nothing instead of anything. He's actually a smart guy but this makes my skin crawl. He knows it drives me crazy and is trying to change it but it's to the point where I'm embarrassed to bring him around people for fear he'll say these things. It's embarrassing. Is this a valid issue or am I being unreasonable?

I have to say this would put me off as well......right from the onset that is, though! I find the 'We was...' 'I done......' etc particularly annoying so a deal-breaker for me, I'm afraid!

So not sure why you've dated him for 6 months and it's only getting to you now, though!

• Like 1