Ideas for birthday surprise?

I really want to do the home-made cake actually:) I guess still enough time to practice few recipes and it them myself if they fail LOL

My cooking is okay (I do have some niche dishes ;)). Anyway, I learned to make somethig really hard from scratch for my bf a while back. As it turned out, my effort was not wasted, since I’ve become an expert among our circle for this particular type of food, even though my overall cooking skills are just okay. Without the motivation to do something special for my bf, I wouldn’t have invested so much time and effort and money in this.

• Like 2
He’s Leo, I’m just planning early :D

I’m a Scorpio. Is that a good match?

Funnily 3 men I’ve been into i the recent years (out of 5-6) are born within the same week of July. Can this be a coincidence :cool:?

It looks like a great match :-)

https://www.keen.com/articles/astrology/compatibility/leo-man-scorpio-woman

There is no coincidences. I am a Libra and one of my best match in the zodiac is Gemini, my ex-h was one and my current boyfriend too. They have a lot of similarities and both are extroverted.

My cooking is okay (I do have some niche dishes ;)). Anyway, I learned to make somethig really hard from scratch for my bf a while back. As it turned out, my effort was not wasted, since I’ve become an expert among our circle for this particular type of food, even though my overall cooking skills are just okay. Without the motivation to do something special for my bf, I wouldn’t have invested so much time and effort and money in this.

I love to do this sort of special things for my bf. I also love it when my bf take me to do so sort of special activity that I haven’t been exposed to. Steak is not our thing, but he’s definitely the most sexy man I’ve ever encountered :love:

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

oh yeah sexy lingerie and dinner!!! Are you guys able to get away for a bit? Like a day trip out of town. Any ideas at all what his hobbies and interests are?

• Like 1
  • Author
oh yeah sexy lingerie and dinner!!! Are you guys able to get away for a bit? Like a day trip out of town. Any ideas at all what his hobbies and interests are?

Probably (half) day trip but we do that every weekend...

Hobbies/interests: anything house/ garden related, cars / car repairs, dogs and anything dog related, music classic rock / jazz /80s stuff, hikes / nature trips. The issue is I’m not very knowledgeable at most of this, it’s usially him teaching me so unless I hang him Home Depot gift card LOL I’m lost :D

• Like 1
I'm dating an amazing man who will soon have his birthday. One thing that I noticed about him from the start is he's always used to be in the giving role, especially when it comes to services, his family and his ex's family just plain used him on their own accord and since he's very handy and never says no... his wellbeing always has been the last concern. He's not used to get anything, to the point I can see it makes him uncomfortable. He's in a point of his life where he has it all, no real need of anything, and he's borderline hoarder :D He's extremely low key in terms of things that he gets for himself, clothes, accessories etc, he seems to be the type that can't care less.

I wonder how to make his day memorable without overloading him (he basically expects nothing by default). I'm personally not a sappy person at all and very bad at gift selecting/giving so I feel a bit clueless how to organize it. I've been thinking of taking him on a surprise dinner in a place that I know he enjoys, where actually our romance started so it's memory loaded, but what else? I know very well his interests but I'm pretty clueless in the fields of his major hobbies. How to extract what he may like as a gift without asking directly?

I don't want to be over the top because it's just so out of his style but somehow want to make it all about him on the birthday day. Any ideas welcome:)

I can totally relate. I’m the guy that’s always doing for others.

Anything you do he’s gonna be totally touched

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

aww okay i understand!! i agree..i'm sure he'll love anything you do. haha if he likes nature maybe plan a trip to a park nearby?? and hey ive been gone awhile is this the same guy you made a thread on from work or new guy you met another way?

• Like 1
  • Author
aww okay i understand!! i agree..i'm sure he'll love anything you do. haha if he likes nature maybe plan a trip to a park nearby?? and hey ive been gone awhile is this the same guy you made a thread on from work or new guy you met another way?

Same one:) All for nature trips but we’ve been doing that every weekend haha do not much of a novelty. And since he’s a local he knows every single nature spot in the area I can’t make a surprise:D

Cookiesandough

aw thats so awesome no_go, i'm so glad it worked out in the end~! Happy birthday to your boyfriend and you guys have a great time :bunny::love:

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

NG every time I read your threads in the past, I thought that you were settling and also dating losers :)

This is the first time where I believe it’s real and that you are genuinely excited and in love. And he seems like he is a good guy that is treating you well. No idea about the bday present but just had to comment ❤️

• Like 3
NG every time I read your threads in the past, I thought that you were settling and also dating losers :)

This is the first time where I believe it’s real and that you are genuinely excited and in love. And he seems like he is a good guy that is treating you well. No idea about the bday present but just had to comment ❤️

This.

It looks like we should look for their wedding invitation and baby shower in our mailbox soon ;)

• Like 1
This.

It looks like we should look for their wedding invitation and baby shower in our mailbox soon ;)

To add, we all deserve a little credit for advising her again getting fixated on Peter Pan back then :laugh::p

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks ES and June:)

Yup I was settling big time in the past and also been very restrictive like I was shopping for a guy to fill a slot ... And that made me VERY unhappy back then.

This is the first time I told myself - whatever, we’ll take it one day at a time and see where it goes:) The fact we knew each other and had established trust also made it much more natural. Not rushing anything because there is no need - everything comes from a point of trust.

It also amazes me every day how humble and empathetic he is. Never asked for anything for himself once while being giving to me and all people in his life. Stark contrast with my exes (still remember my last ex first birthday where he handed me a listing of a several hundred dollar ‘toy’ and said that’s the thing he wants). Really want to make him happy and appreciated:) He so much deserves it!

• Like 3
  • Author
To add, we all deserve a little credit for advising her again getting fixated on Peter Pan back then :laugh::p

LOL I think he was a necessary evil. Hate to say it but I need a re-start after being so numbed out after my last relationship. This type of transient interactions are sometimes needed to prove yourself you’re not emotionally dead yet :D I remember having similar thing after my very first LTR ex.

• Like 1
Thanks ES and June:)

Stark contrast with my exes (still remember my last ex first birthday where he handed me a listing of a several hundred dollar ‘toy’ and said that’s the thing he wants).

:confused:

I’m speechless...

• Like 1
  • Author
:confused:

I’m speechless...

LOL he was a 'special' dude... The time I was most embarrassed from this ex: I'm taking him to a day trip to meet 3 of my friends for the first time. First place we snacked I paid for the group - it was for something that I was celebrating. Then we're sitting in another restaurant and one of my friends tells me he'll buy me a drink to return the gesture. My ex says 'thank you' (assuming if my friend is buying me a drink he needs to buy him one too :lmao:) and orders a very expensive cocktail for himself on the bill of my friend. LOL imagine the first impression :lmao:

• Like 1

It also amazes me every day how humble and empathetic he is. Never asked for anything for himself once while being giving to me and all people in his life. Stark contrast with my exes ...................... Really want to make him happy and appreciated:) He so much deserves it!

You are definitely one of our favorite happy-ending story here! It's like in those movies when you feel all is lost and suddenly the hero arrives at the very last second and changes everything!

• Like 2
Penguin_hugs

It was my birthday early on with my BF-we'd only met 2 and a half months previously and been official 1 and half months. He suggested going away for my birthday as my last few birthdays had been terrible. He booked a little cottage about 3 hrs away on a different coastline and I fully expected to pay half- but he said it was a birthday treat instead of gifts.

Having a trip experience was such a good idea as we were a really new couple at this stage. We had afternoon tea that day, walked along the beach in the snow and built a snow man! (It was an unseasonably cold March!) Spending time with him was so important. After we had enjoyed dinner out, and were back at the cottage- he surprised me with a few little gifts showing what he had learnt about me so far which was such a shock!

It's his birthday next month and I'm planning something similar. I have tickets to a cinema event of his favourite film with a live orchestra and am buying little gifts that I know he will like.

I definitely think small meaningful gifts are much better than trying to show off with something pricey and materialistic.

• Like 1

I like what I call "creating a memory" better than gifts at this stage in my life. If he is so focused on others, then do an activity that he likes to do (even if he doesn't get to do it too often). Ideas: Topgolf, dinner cruise, rent a pontoon boat for a few hours and spend time on the water, dinner theater, concert, escape room, amusement park, day at the beach, tickets to a game of his favorite athletic team.

• Like 2