Major friend crisis

somuchmusic

• Author
somuchmusic
I swear if I was your friend and did all that you describe above I would definitely need a break.

I never asked him for any favours, he offered and I sometimes accepted and sometimes declined. I also helped him out a lot when he needed me to. I wasn't using him.

• Like 1

You put him in a position where he had to say yes it's okay to invite your friends. If he'd said no, you'd be on here posting he must be in love with you because he said you couldn't invite your friends. Some people do not like to be around a bunch of people. They are more comfortable just talking to one. It may be normal for you, but it's not for him. You went out with him and then dropped him and left with friends you invited. If someone asks you to something, don't drag people in on the plans and you'll make a better impression. If he wanted to invite a bunch of people, he's have done so or told you "hey, bring some friends if you want."

• Author
somuchmusic
You put him in a position where he had to say yes it's okay to invite your friends. If he'd said no, you'd be on here posting he must be in love with you because he said you couldn't invite your friends. Some people do not like to be around a bunch of people. They are more comfortable just talking to one. It may be normal for you, but it's not for him. You went out with him and then dropped him and left with friends you invited. If someone asks you to something, don't drag people in on the plans and you'll make a better impression. If he wanted to invite a bunch of people, he's have done so or told you "hey, bring some friends if you want."

first of all i didn’t invite friends, i didn’t invite anyone. my cousin asked me if i was at the pub and i said yes. secondly i did not drop him. during the match i probably paid more attention to him than to my cousin. after the match i went to say bye to a family member. i didnt go to a party or snything like that. i texted him, apologised and explained. then he blocked me and ignored me. this is ok?

• Author
somuchmusic

why do tou act like it is more socially acceptable to block a good friend than to invite an extra person over? and i talked to him last night and he stated numerous time he wasn’t bothered. so why block me??

why do tou act like it is more socially acceptable to block a good friend than to invite an extra person over? and i talked to him last night and he stated numerous time he wasn’t bothered. so why block me??

People block you when they are done talking to you about whatever. People inviting friends to something someone else invited just them to is rude.

Besides, how could you talk to him last night if he really blocked you? Sounds like you just couldn't reach him for awhile because he didn't want to talk to you, and now he's cooled off.

Did these univited guests at least pay their own bar tab before you left with them?

• Author
somuchmusic
People block you when they are done talking to you about whatever. People inviting friends to something someone else invited just them to is rude.

Besides, how could you talk to him last night if he really blocked you? Sounds like you just couldn't reach him for awhile because he didn't want to talk to you, and now he's cooled off.

Did these univited guests at least pay their own bar tab before you left with them?

I am feeling a lot of hostility lol. It wasn't a private party, it was a pub full of other people. How do I know? Because he blocked me on WhatsApp but did not block me on his phone. So I called him and asked him what was going on. But you don't care, cause I now annoy you so much you would just always side against me in this story. And I don't know how to fight that.

Honestly, it seems like much ado about nothing. Did you ask him why he blocked you?

• Author
somuchmusic
Honestly, it seems like much ado about nothing. Did you ask him why he blocked you?

He claims he didn't. He defo unblocked me but the one message I sent him never reached him (it stayed at one tick) and I couldn't see his pic. So he's saying he never did it.

• Author
somuchmusic

He has shut out people (for good or a longer period of time) suddenly before, he is very sensitive about certain things (he doesn't like to be asked about his love life - which had nothing to do with the match thing), but I thought our friendship was different. I thought he wouldn't try to passive aggressively handle a thing after I apologised and asked him if everything was fine. And I got hurt.

• Author
somuchmusic

I am always quite careful with him trying not to ask him things that may trigger him (because I understand he might be fighting a battle I know nothing of), but to ignore me and block me for such a petty reason.... I thought we were better than that.

I am always quite careful with him trying not to ask him things that may trigger him (because I understand he might be fighting a battle I know nothing of), but to ignore me and block me for such a petty reason.... I thought we were better than that.

If he's doing this to lots of friends, it's foolish to think he will treat you any differently. Yes, you might have hung around a lot and shared close times, but it won't make you immune to this part of him.

Part of being friends with someone who's like this should include the acceptance that it's mostly likely going to happen to you too. Keep reminding yourself that he does it to everyone and to not take it personally.

• Like 1

I would just sweep it under the rug and believe him when he said he didn’t block you. Move on and be friends again.

• Like 1