assure me I didn't make things worse

d0nnivain

• Author

Thank you funnybunny. An agency can't help. She earns a high wage based on longevity, not education. It's complicated. She "could" switch jobs, & IMHO, should but it would be a huge cut in pay. It would be offset by her pension but right now she fear every job would be like this one.

It's Sunday night here. I haven't heard from her since Friday. I'm worried.

• Author

She reached out Monday to tell me she has a P.T. appointment. She's reading some of the self help books I got her. I have no word about an appointment with a mental health professional & I'm trying to get her to commit to watching fireworks with me tomorrow.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
She reached out Monday to tell me she has a P.T. appointment. She's reading some of the self help books I got her. I have no word about an appointment with a mental health professional & I'm trying to get her to commit to watching fireworks with me tomorrow.

I was on vacation so I'm late to this thread, but you're being a very good friend, and I'm sure she appreciates you very much. I hope she pulls out of this soon. I think the best thing you can do for her is just keep checking on her. It sounds like she doesn't have many people who care enough to do that.

• Author

She's still putting one foot in front of the other. The immediate crisis seems to have passed but I don't know that she's much closer to stability. For that she will need more then my support & friendship.

I think what you did was perfect and exactly what she needed. You can’t fix her but you supported her and guided her and gave her hope. The rest is up to her. I don’t understand why anyone would tell you to stay away and leave her to it. If anything, that would do more harm than your presence would. Friends look out for each other. Sometimes in my darkest moments wish my friends and family would just come over with some food and be there for me. But I’m too down and it’s a hard thing to ask of someone.