how can I get over my crush???

bubblybillie

bubblybillie

I have fancied this guy for ages, he has fancied me too. We would always be flirting. I wanted to make somthing from our friendship and I had a fair idea he did too. This was goin on for months on end. We where both shy so we just stayed friends. Then I was at a disco and he french kissed one of these girls I know which I get on with well enough. Then I heard that he french kissed more people. I feel so hallow inside. I cry everytime I see him since that disco. I really believed I loved him an dthat we where made for eachother. But now I feel nothing will never happen between us. If anyone has any ideas how I can get over him please let me no. He lives 5 houses away from me adn I see him all the time. Pleas help me I feel as if I could kill myself......Pleas I'm beggin you help me X

Shame, poor you. The only thing that can cure a crush is time, and if he gives you a reason to hate him. Try to concentrate on his bad side. That always works. Keep telling yourself that he is nothing more than a playboy.

That's the only advice I got for you

It's a shame to hear of girls who are hurt because of boyfriends. Then I always ask myself: Why does all the girls always love the playboys, instead of kind, and caring guys like me? Well, that's part of life

LucreziaBorgia

The only way to get over him is to let go of that idealized version of him you have in your heart. I have no doubt that you are crushing on someone made almost entirely out of wishful thinking and hopeful expectations. In reality, he's just a guy who didn't like you enough to date you. What was special and meaningful to you (the flirting), was just a way for him to soak up some harmless female attention. If he wanted to make more of it, he would have.

I expect you have all these ideas about why he didn't date you, but when it comes right down to it - it is painfully simple. He just didn't want to. You'll have to let go of the idea that some 'cosmic forces' kept you apart. As long as you think that it is some outside influence that kept you from being together, you will not get over him. The only way is to realize that only one person kept you from becoming more: him.

There is no trick to letting go of an idealized version of someone. People are fairly easy to let go of - hope, on the other hand is not.

For a while, you'll need to arrange simply not to see him or talk to him - or have any contact with him at all. Put yourself on some self-enforced no contact. Go out of your way not to see him or talk to him. Make a point of not being places where you know he will be. Only time and distance will lessen the intensity of what you are feeling, and it will have to happen gradually.

Why does all the girls always love the playboys, instead of kind, and caring guys like me?

Because they want to know that they are special and unique enough to uncover a heart of gold within a pile of dirt - and turn a playboy into a good guy. When a guy is already a 'good guy' - then how will someone with a fairly weak ego know that they are special and unique, if there is nothing to change? I guess for some women, their worth lies in how well they think they can 'help' or 'change' someone through the power of "love".

Unfortunately, I have found that digging in dirt rarely turns up a heart of gold. The dirtpile may be a someone else's treasure, but if a guy presents himself to you specifically as a dirtpile - there is little point in digging for a treasure he doesn't really want you to have. All you get is dirty hands and a broken heart.

You can't be serious? Are all girls like that??? Are you telling me I must be a bad boy(lol) to get a girl ??

I'm the type of guy who always tries to do the right thing, and help other girls. But that doesn't seem to attract them to me. Instead it's forcing them away from me :(

• 1 year later...

well i kno exactly how u feel cuz im kinda goin through the same

my advice to u wud be to keep away from him and to get over him start afresh in your love life by gettin a boyfriend if u know wat i mean.

You can't be serious? Are all girls like that??? Are you telling me I must be a bad boy(lol) to get a girl ??

I'm the type of guy who always tries to do the right thing, and help other girls. But that doesn't seem to attract them to me. Instead it's forcing them away from me :(

Treat a girl nice and be a gentlemen and you get mowed over. I know what you mean. But you know, it gives me a sense of satisfaction to see how these girls get along afterwards. Those women whose guys cheat on them, put them down, boss them around, verbally abuse them, hit them, never take them anywhere, never pay attention to them -- most all of them had some nice guy they could have been with, but brushed him off for that reason.