Too big of a personality to date?

I worked with a few high energy people...it's very draining and stressful. That's why people run have been running the other way.

It's a type of anxiety you are dealing with. To cope some people tap, talk to themselves, have out bursts of erratic behavior, busts of anger, loss of control in order to release the energy.

If you struggle with relationships, you may want to see if therapy could help with this.

Edited by smackie9
  • Author
I worked with a few high energy people...it's very draining and stressful. That's why people run have been running the other way.

It's a type of anxiety you are dealing with. To cope some people tap, talk to themselves, have out bursts of erratic behavior, busts of anger, loss of control in order to release the energy.

You think? I’ve alwaysss been like that thou and I don’t feel like I’m an anxious guy

If you struggle with relationships, you may want to see if therapy could help with this.

They made me have counselling after my mum died and I went into care.. I think it’s forever kind of scarred my opinion of therapy! ...I just struggled to get on with it at all... I like things to be quite black and white, I find it hard to overthink stuff!

• Author
Are you saying that English isn’t your first language? I wouldn’t have ever guessed that.

English is my first language, English is my own language! But it’s always been the thing I’ve struggled with most! I can read and write now, but it does take me longer than most folk

normal person

I'm 24 now and I've done a lot in the last 10 years.. I've been a solider (for a short while), and a busker. I've kayaked through south america, and I've worked on a safari park in Africa. I've been a barman and a masseuse. I've worked on a farm and a boxing gym.... I guess like, you could say I've never really settled, but thats not really something thats ever bothered me, i like new things, I like lots of stimulation.

This a big resume, but -- don't take this the wrong way -- not necessarily an "impressive" one. It sounds like you can't commit to anything. If you just focused your energy on one thing you'd probably be amazing at it, and succcessful by now, but you keep switching directions and spreading yourself so thin that it doesn't sound like it's amounted to much. If I were a woman I'd be concerned that you couldn't put food on the table because you couldn't stand to have a nice, easy, reliable job. You'd get traction with one thing, get bored with it, then bet the farm in Vegas. It sounds like too much of a roller coaster.

Why not start your own company dealing with something you're passionate about and that you enjoy? I've always been a contrarian, never liked being told what to do/think, etc, so I figured out a way to be my own boss and do things as I like. I feel freer and enjoy myself much more than I would in a traditional work setting. That might be the path for you too. You sound like if you put your mind to it you might be able to do great things. Better to carve your own path than to keep trying and getting lost on all the others.

Edited by normal person
  • Like 1
  • Author
Where do you normally meet the girls you date mate?

Ah, all over the place really..... I guess top three would be friends of friends, nights out, at/through work. But I have met different girls all over.

I've never online dated or anything like that thou!

• Author
This a big resume, but -- don't take this the wrong way -- not necessarily an "impressive" one. It sounds like you can't commit to anything. If you just focused your energy on one thing you'd probably be amazing at it, and succcessful by now, but you keep switching directions and spreading yourself so thin that it doesn't sound like it's amounted to much.

Yeah that's fair! More than! I've drifted! Not necessarily out of choice or anything but I've just so rarely found anything worth sticking around for, no roots, no commitments, no ties. I've never settled to anything, or - as corny as it sounds - felt like i belonged somewhere!

The one big exception was my time in Africa! I absolutely loved that job! And I was with my ex, and we were serious, living together, mutual friends, talking about the future! I think it was probably the most stable point in my life ever, and on that front i was really happy!

I do want stability! I want to build a life with someone!

Sometimes I feel like maybe it was a huge mistake that we called time on that relationship...but i felt like i couldnt be me (i mean clearly shes not the only girl to feel that way, shes simply the only one to say it out loud and stick with me anyway) ..but at the same time i know it was wrong, I wasnt happy, she wasnt happy, we would have ended up hating each other!!

If I were a woman I'd be concerned that you couldn't put food on the table because you couldn't stand to have a nice, easy, reliable job. You'd get traction with one thing, get bored with it, then bet the farm in Vegas. It sounds like too much of a roller coaster.

I could understand that if we ever got that far, but I seem to have this 2 month curse, it never gets to that point of getting that serious!

And im a big believer in... not blaming the world for your own problems but sometimes, it just gets to me a bit! I don't feel like i ever get given a chance, or taken seriously! Honest to god Im so sick of one night stands!

Why not start your own company dealing with something you're passionate about and that you enjoy? I've always been a contrarian, never liked being told what to do/think, etc, so I figured out a way to be my own boss and do things as I like. I feel freer and enjoy myself much more than I would in a traditional work setting. That might be the path for you too. You sound like if you put your mind to it you might be able to do great things. Better to carve your own path than to keep trying and getting lost on all the others.

I do really like that idea! I like to work in my own way, i do much better with free reign than too man constraints/being told how to think.

I just dont know what I'd do though!

• 3 weeks later...

Not changing who you are to make other people like you is a choice! I think you can be proud of that!

Being very high energy will cut your dating pool, but when you meet the right person they will love you more for having the courage to be who you are!