Doing the right thing

CrazyKatLady

I love Christ, with all my heart. I got back into a church where I knew some old friends of mine went to because its filled with the holy spirit and I know what is the right thing to do now for my life. And I am going to fix my family. It's what a good woman of faith would do. It's what I would do, honestly. Sometimes life is about doing what is right in God's eyes, not our own. I believe I can be that intensely strong woman of faith and that God's love will be sufficient enough for me to be a blessing and to be a living sanctuary of God's love in this world. I too, want to be that devout member of the church who is a light by living the Word and not just reading it. Too many bad relationships or encounters with others have left me bereft of this joy. But the answer was right in front of me all along. Doing the right thing isnt always what we want due to hurt, anger, jealousy, lies, addictions, abuse, apathy, etc. But, God is Good. And family is good and its my job as the woman of my family to mend those rifts with a way only a woman knows...with temperance, meekness, and joy. Anyone else putting aside their "wants" for God's truths and repairing a family if possible? I firmly believe you don't give up ever on the one's you love and call family. How I ever let a few jerks try and tear that part of me down I don't know...but I'm ready to stand firm in who I am and how much I love Jesus. I don't deserve His grace in this, but I am overjoyed to belong somwhere that I know is holy.

• Author
CrazyKatLady

This will be my last post. Thank you everyone, this place was great in December until now. Good people. Good topics. Good thoughts. I believed in simplicity and rarely talked to others outside of my family a few years back and that's the kind of person I like to be when I commit. I sure was grateful for everyone though when I had no idea what the heck was going on out in that crazy messy world!...God bless. And happiness to all!

Doing the right thing is the struggle for many, many people whether they're religious or not.

For example, everybody knows that eating healthy and exercising regularly is the right thing to do, yet 2/3 of North Americans are overweight / obese. It's hard to do the right thing OP, and I wish you luck in your endeavor.

• Author
CrazyKatLady

yes, well, we can pray for the obese as well if that is an issue that concerns you, ty for your response, even if it was made with very little faith.

I also get the added benefit of protection from pigs who lie about me, steal from me and treat me like dirt, from overweight, disgusting professor's who want their students to play with their penis when no one is looking, and most of all, from men who are not afraid to sexually assault and rape a woman or crawl into a bed where a ten year old is sleeping and want to fu*k. It's kind of a no-brainer and a win-win for me if I can make it work...God work's things for the good of those who believe in Him, this I know to be true because the past is gone and only the future remains, and those chains from the past don't have the power to bind me anymore.

I have new purpose and already, I am making a difference in a few people's lives with my loving ways...it feels good to have someone near me who enjoys my gentle touch in life because I really enjoy being able to share my love with family again. I've really missed that these last ten years. It really is such a sweet blessing to just be in the presence of kindness each day, and hope, and love, and admiration, and adventure. The more the merrier an adventure is with added people in my life now. thanks. So far, so good...just taking it one day at a time and cherishing the warmth of extended family for now.

You are who you are inside and out. No one should ever judge the person you are. It's your right to be who you are and that's the reason why you are here telling us how your feel inside right now.

• Like 1