Interracial dating, is society more accepting than 25 years ago

AnotherGuy1234

I am not here to argue, but I will share my opinion that is vastly different. Everyone has theirs as mentioned on here.

I am against interracial relationships. Am I "racist"? No, I believe every race is beautiful in their own way and I want to see their people preserve as well as their culture.

Do I think women of the opposite race are beautiful? Of course, but I would never date them, because I respect their people and culture.

I can use an example of how mass interracial relationships can destroy cultures and a race of people. One major example is the Spanish and Portuguese (WHO ARE EUROPEAN) came to the Americas. They bred with the Natives and wiped out most of the Native's culture. Now, you have Central and South Americans who are Mestizos and speak Spanish or Portuguese and have mostly a Spanish or Portuguese background with Culture (though Central and South Americans culture is different some from Spain's or Portugal).

You are real lucky to find a full blooded Native in those parts and those who speak the dialect of the Aztecs and Incas. All that is left of them is writing on walls and temples and what half of blood still runs in the veins of Central and South Americans.

Another is how U.S. Settlers tried to get with Natives here in the US. I've seen so many other Whites claiming to be Indian and boast it proud. I just laugh. I've been on Indian Reservations...majority of them are the real Indians.

I have relatives who are mixed and who has another race for a husband. I talk with them, but I am against it.

My buddy I grew up with is Black. His relatives and Black friends picked on him because he acted White (liked Rock and Heavy Metal and action sports). He wounded up getting two white girls pregnant. He is with none of them and is always online looking for love. I don't agree with it and he already knows my views on it. We just don't talk about it. Though. He is constantly saying things like he is proud to be African, but yet he doesn't keep his bloodline as African. And again, i don't say nothing because there is no use.

Which leads me to the point of...what if the White man kept breeding with the Native Indians? Eventually nothing would be left of the Native Indians. That's why I am glad many stay with their own people still.

But that is my opinion.

Edited by AnotherGuy1234
  • Like 1
  • Author
MWC BlondeKim

Hello,

I am not here to argue and I respect your right for you to have your opinion regardless if it is quite different than the viewpoints i hold.

The males I have dated in my life are respectful, courteous, smart, educated, professional types, regardless if they were black or white.

My black boyfriend that had proposed marriage to me, went on to be very well respected and financially successful in the community I live in. He was the one that wanted to settle down with me and start a family and was not at all like some men who could care less if they got a female pregnant, and you have to admit there are quite a few white and black guys who are irresponsible on numerous issues, not just sex and marriage.

If I had married my black boyfriend I would not have any issues in giving birth and raising biracial children.

There are many wonderful people from all races and groups of people, and at the sometime no group is exempted from having less that honest and ethical members among then.

Would you date a white female if you know she has also dated black men?

Just as a reminder just having a discussion here and not looking to argue.

Of course it's more accepted today than it was 25 years ago. I was around during that period and I remember even then the stigma wasn't that bad.

I agree. I remember partying with several interracial married couples '93 and no one blinked an eye. Also I would see them out all the time at random places and it wasn't anything new or special even back then. Sometimes I wonder if those involved in interracial relationships are just more self conscious of how people view them. If I were involved in an interracial relationship I wouldn't care who looked hard at us or who liked or disliked it. If I love that person that's all that matters.

RideTheLightening
I agree. I remember partying with several interracial married couples '93 and no one blinked an eye. Also I would see them out all the time at random places and it wasn't anything new or special even back then. Sometimes I wonder if those involved in interracial relationships are just more self conscious of how people view them. If I were involved in an interracial relationship I wouldn't care who looked hard at us or who liked or disliked it. If I love that person that's all that matters.

I think the people involved are involved specifically because it's taboo... and if people didn't give a crap they lose a huge chunk of what turns them on.

• Like 1
AnotherGuy1234
Hello,

I am not here to argue and I respect your right for you to have your opinion regardless if it is quite different than the viewpoints i hold.

The males I have dated in my life are respectful, courteous, smart, educated, professional types, regardless if they were black or white.

My black boyfriend that had proposed marriage to me, went on to be very well respected and financially successful in the community I live in. He was the one that wanted to settle down with me and start a family and was not at all like some men who could care less if they got a female pregnant, and you have to admit there are quite a few white and black guys who are irresponsible on numerous issues, not just sex and marriage.

If I had married my black boyfriend I would not have any issues in giving birth and raising biracial children.

There are many wonderful people from all races and groups of people, and at the sometime no group is exempted from having less that honest and ethical members among then.

Would you date a white female if you know she has also dated black men?

Just as a reminder just having a discussion here and not looking to argue.

I am open minded and do not get offended easily. Trust me.

I thought about that several times...about dating a white girl who dated another race. I may or may not. Generally, if she did then she more than likely accepts it and it could possibly lead to a big disagreememt between her and I with our children.

Now, I know we can not control what our kids do after they leave the house. But hopefully, they can understand my view. I love seeing Asians, Blacks, etc.

My cousin is mixed and I can see confusion in him with what side of his family accepts him more. I know many mixed kids get like this AND yes, there may be some who don't have an issue. Though, I have seen conversations where mixed people get tired of others asking what they have in them.

From my views around, and not all are like this, but most blacks males I see get the white girl pregnant and leave; like my friend. Though sometimes, it is also the woman's fault for leaving too.

I see some black males do this in spite to make us White people against interracial to get mad. And again, not all may be like that. But most I have seen personally has.

And like one person mention on here, White girls have the idea that "Black men are bigger".

I am not here to argue, but I will share my opinion that is vastly different. Everyone has theirs as mentioned on here.

I am against interracial relationships. Am I "racist"? No, I believe every race is beautiful in their own way and I want to see their people preserve as well as their culture.

Do I think women of the opposite race are beautiful? Of course, but I would never date them, because I respect their people and culture.

I can use an example of how mass interracial relationships can destroy cultures and a race of people. One major example is the Spanish and Portuguese (WHO ARE EUROPEAN) came to the Americas. They bred with the Natives and wiped out most of the Native's culture. Now, you have Central and South Americans who are Mestizos and speak Spanish or Portuguese and have mostly a Spanish or Portuguese background with Culture (though Central and South Americans culture is different some from Spain's or Portugal).

You are real lucky to find a full blooded Native in those parts and those who speak the dialect of the Aztecs and Incas. All that is left of them is writing on walls and temples and what half of blood still runs in the veins of Central and South Americans.

Another is how U.S. Settlers tried to get with Natives here in the US. I've seen so many other Whites claiming to be Indian and boast it proud. I just laugh. I've been on Indian Reservations...majority of them are the real Indians.

I have relatives who are mixed and who has another race for a husband. I talk with them, but I am against it.

My buddy I grew up with is Black. His relatives and Black friends picked on him because he acted White (liked Rock and Heavy Metal and action sports). He wounded up getting two white girls pregnant. He is with none of them and is always online looking for love. I don't agree with it and he already knows my views on it. We just don't talk about it. Though. He is constantly saying things like he is proud to be African, but yet he doesn't keep his bloodline as African. And again, i don't say nothing because there is no use.

Which leads me to the point of...what if the White man kept breeding with the Native Indians? Eventually nothing would be left of the Native Indians. That's why I am glad many stay with their own people still.

But that is my opinion.

Uh oh, too late, lol. A dna test for ethnicity would be interesting, for any person who is motivated for romantic partnership based on ethnicity.

If you were to have one, you may be surprised at your own...'mixed' ancestry.

I am open minded and do not get offended easily. Trust me.

I thought about that several times...about dating a white girl who dated another race. I may or may not. Generally, if she did then she more than likely accepts it and it could possibly lead to a big disagreememt between her and I with our children.

Now, I know we can not control what our kids do after they leave the house. But hopefully, they can understand my view. I love seeing Asians, Blacks, etc.

My cousin is mixed and I can see confusion in him with what side of his family accepts him more. I know many mixed kids get like this AND yes, there may be some who don't have an issue. Though, I have seen conversations where mixed people get tired of others asking what they have in them.

From my views around, and not all are like this, but most blacks males I see get the white girl pregnant and leave; like my friend. Though sometimes, it is also the woman's fault for leaving too.

I see some black males do this in spite to make us White people against interracial to get mad. And again, not all may be like that. But most I have seen personally has.

And like one person mention on here, White girls have the idea that "Black men are bigger".

You know black men who date white women, impregnate them and leave them to 'spite white people against interracial dating to get them mad?'

Please elaborate on what must be a misunderstanding on my part.

• Like 2
AnotherGuy1234
Uh oh, too late, lol. A dna test for ethnicity would be interesting, for any person who is motivated for romantic partnership based on ethnicity.

If you were to have one, you may be surprised at your own...'mixed' ancestry.

You know black men who date white women, impregnate them and leave them to 'spite white people against interracial dating to get them mad?'

Please elaborate on what must be a misunderstanding on my part.

I may have a far ancestor who could be Indian, but my characteristics shows I am White.

Its like mixing water and food color together...keep putting more water in it and the food color will be diluted and not be like it was.

Yes, I have saw and heard black men who do this to get Whites mad, but again, like I stated before, not all.

DrReplyInRhymes

I would gladly welcome the challenge of dating a woman outside my race.

As mentioned before, give me a 5'2" petite mixed black woman who is submissive and faithful to me, and I'll give every racist a free show every day of the week.

• Like 1
I may have a far ancestor who could be Indian, but my characteristics shows I am White.

Its like mixing water and food color together...keep putting more water in it and the food color will be diluted and not be like it was.

Yes, I have saw and heard black men who do this to get Whites mad, but again, like I stated before, not all.

Seen. :) Black/White.

I would gladly welcome the challenge of dating a woman outside my race.

As mentioned before, give me a 5'2" petite mixed black woman who is submissive and faithful to me, and I'll give every racist a free show every day of the week.

a black woman who is submissive to you? what planet are you living on?

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes
a black woman who is submissive to you? what planet are you living on?

A 5'2" black/white woman who is submissive? They aren't THAT rare!! Just gotta give them good D.

I never read the whole thread and maybe someone mentioned it already but Megan Markle is black and she married into the royal family so what does that tell you?

• Like 1

After deleting a few posts, I just want to leave a quick side note to direct those steering the topic to racism in general that this thread is focused on interracial dating.

We have a number of threads in our Political and Current Events areas focused on the general topic of racism.

• Author
MWC BlondeKim

A good friend of mine, a divorced white female, had pointed out to me that prior to online dating it was difficult to find a nice black man to date and with the popularity of online dating she says it is much easier to find a suitable black man that matches her likes an interests

AnotherGuy1234
I never read the whole thread and maybe someone mentioned it already but Megan Markle is black and she married into the royal family so what does that tell you?

She is not just Black. I get tired of hearing that. Just like everyone calling Obama black.

They are multi-racial/mixed.

Obama carries more traits of an African.

Meagan carries more traits of an European to a degree.

How genetics works is crazy...for example.

My buddies dad is a Mexican and his mother is White. His dad is kind of a light colored rather than dark. But my buddies skin color is White, BUT his hair is black like his father's.

Many Mexicans do carry the European trait of Spaniards.

I know another boy whose father is a Mexican man and mom is White. The boy is brown skinned like his dad.

It is just more than skin color as well...DNA, facial features, etc. I am not God, but how it is, is how it is. We all were made into many Races, then we were broken down into Ethnicities with our own language and culture. Even Ethnic groups don't get along with other Ethnic groups of the same Race of people.

• Author
MWC BlondeKim

Yes, it bothers me when someone labels a individual who is half black, half white as black; no that person is biracial, with some others such as Tiger Woods being multiracial.

Too many people in my past have said if I had married my black boyfriend my children would have been black......no they would have been biracial, which is perfectly ok.

• Like 1
Yes, it bothers me when someone labels a individual who is half black, half white as black; no that person is biracial, with some others such as Tiger Woods being multiracial.

Too many people in my past have said if I had married my black boyfriend my children would have been black......no they would have been biracial, which is perfectly ok.

I think more people are finally catching on. I know a lot of Biracials who are Black and White mixed want to identify as Black and get upset when called Biracial. I hope this is changing too.

In your mind, is race the same as culture? Assuming your culture preservation reasoning is valid, where do you draw the line, then? Are you against a white male of German descent and a white female with British descent to have a relationship, too? How about one of Japanese descent and another of Chinese descent? How about a black guy from Ethiopia who has been adopted and raised by an American family since birth and whose adopted parents are immigrants from Greece? In your mind, in order not to "destroy cultures", are you against the guy having a relationship with a black woman of Ethiopian descent, or with another woman originally from Greece, or with another Caucasian from the States who's not of Greek descent?

{snip}

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
AnotherGuy1234
In your mind, is race the same as culture? Assuming your culture preservation reasoning is valid, where do you draw the line, then? Are you against a white male of German descent and a white female with British descent to have a relationship, too? How about one of Japanese descent and another of Chinese descent? How about a black guy from Ethiopia who has been adopted and raised by an American family since birth and whose adopted parents are immigrants from Greece? In your mind, in order not to "destroy cultures", are you against the guy having a relationship with a black woman of Ethiopian descent, or with another woman originally from Greece, or with another Caucasian from the States who's not of Greek descent?

I have no problems with different ethnic groups within the same race to breed because the only thing that makes them different is language and culture.

Now, there is ethnic cleansing...which we all know about...mass graves, etc. That I am against.

Another example such as in the movie "Braveheart" where Longshanks said to use "jus primae noctis" to breed out the Scottish. If you can't beat them by war, then beat them by breeding out their people by pushing your culture onto them with the children you bred with the woman of those people. It has been done.