I need in dating don't make fun

John022685

• Author
John022685
You need to see the truth and let that woman and her kids go. I am sure she has her own problems. If she has enjoyed talking to you on the cell or text you have good penpal friend there. It's not serious until you meet in person and share a life together. Everyone gets caught-up in the fantasy mixing text, cell without physical connection.

Maybe she was just bored or something she told me she was just looking for entertainment at first and then she said I'm looking for someone that is going to accept me for who I am. If it turns into a relationship let it be then she said love hurt she was engaged and fiancee cheated on her with a juvenile.

You are getting way too involved and wasting time on women who don’t want to meet you. So quit it. Let this be a learning experience. An online only relationship is not a real relationship.

Your life and the people you see regularly matter. Not these flaky online women.

If these women don’t want to meet soon then write them off and move on. Enough of the lip service and shenanigans.

Maybe she was just bored or something she told me she was just looking for entertainment at first and then she said I'm looking for someone that is going to accept me for who I am. If it turns into a relationship let it be then she said love hurt she was engaged and fiancee cheated on her with a juvenile.
  • Author
John022685
You are getting way too involved and wasting time on women who don’t want to meet you. So quit it. Let this be a learning experience. An online only relationship is not a real relationship.

Your life and the people you see regularly matter. Not these flaky online women.

If these women don’t want to meet soon then write them off and move on. Enough of the lip service and shenanigans.

Why did she just disappear because she knew she had no real interest?

mortensorchid

You sound like you are a bit nieve and have just tried out OLD. If so, I am not surprised. This is how it works with OLD in general (and we are not - repeat, NOT talking about your disability):

1) You sign up on a website or app (paid or unpaid)

2) There is a mess of traffic that comes to your profile as the freshest meat of the "new guy" or "new girl".

3) You connect with someone. You write a "Hi how are you" message to them, they respond. You fill each other in on certain things about yourself factually (what you do for fun, what you do for a job, etc.) And they do the same for you.

X - This may be the place where it ends. Some will just go poof after 4 or 5 emails / exchanges. In some cases I have met people who are in correspondence with others for weeks, sometimes MONTHS and neither party asks the other out. FYI, if you ask this person after weeks/months of talking this way "When are we going to meet?" and they give some excuse, recognize that this is just a chat relationship and you two will never meet. Fact. If not, continue to step 4:

4) One party asks to meet the other. The other party agrees. You decide on the meeting place (bar, restaurant, coffee shop, etc.) and the date / time you will be there.

5) Phone number - exchange phone numbers.

X - This is a red flag area. If the other person does not give you their phone number and only uses the app or app portion of the website to communicate with you, he/she is not serious about you. This is not a good sign. This person does not want you to have any further information about them, even a phone number, for you to find things out.

6) Meet that person. Whatever happens happens.

7) Waiting for contact - Here is the 48 Hour Rule - If you haven't heard from him within 48 hours (as in a phone call), you will not hear from him again 90% of the time. He might call a few days / a week later, you might have a second get together with him, but he doesn't really care if you say yes or no to him. And you will never hear from him again after that either. If he / she texts you after the get together with a generic "Had a nice time last night" or "Good morning" text ... Not good. Eventually one party will taper off and the other will forget to respond one day.

OLD is just what it is. Remember that the advertising firms have researched and created ads for them to make us want to try the product, and we're going to try it out and find out otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Author
John022685
You sound like you are a bit nieve and have just tried out OLD. If so, I am not surprised. This is how it works with OLD in general (and we are not - repeat, NOT talking about your disability):

1) You sign up on a website or app (paid or unpaid)

2) There is a mess of traffic that comes to your profile as the freshest meat of the "new guy" or "new girl".

3) You connect with someone. You write a "Hi how are you" message to them, they respond. You fill each other in on certain things about yourself factually (what you do for fun, what you do for a job, etc.) And they do the same for you.

X - This may be the place where it ends. Some will just go poof after 4 or 5 emails / exchanges. In some cases I have met people who are in correspondence with others for weeks, sometimes MONTHS and neither party asks the other out. FYI, if you ask this person after weeks/months of talking this way "When are we going to meet?" and they give some excuse, recognize that this is just a chat relationship and you two will never meet. Fact. If not, continue to step 4:

4) One party asks to meet the other. The other party agrees. You decide on the meeting place (bar, restaurant, coffee shop, etc.) and the date / time you will be there.

5) Phone number - exchange phone numbers.

X - This is a red flag area. If the other person does not give you their phone number and only uses the app or app portion of the website to communicate with you, he/she is not serious about you. This is not a good sign. This person does not want you to have any further information about them, even a phone number, for you to find things out.

6) Meet that person. Whatever happens happens.

7) Waiting for contact - Here is the 48 Hour Rule - If you haven't heard from him within 48 hours (as in a phone call), you will not hear from him again 90% of the time. He might call a few days / a week later, you might have a second get together with him, but he doesn't really care if you say yes or no to him. And you will never hear from him again after that either. If he / she texts you after the get together with a generic "Had a nice time last night" or "Good morning" text ... Not good. Eventually one party will taper off and the other will forget to respond one day.

OLD is just what it is. Remember that the advertising firms have researched and created ads for them to make us want to try the product, and we're going to try it out and find out otherwise.

Thanks I'm not naive I just have trouble sometimes so she just wanted to hide behind the phone I don't want that.

You are naive if you think you have a relationship with someone you have never met in petson

Thanks I'm not naive I just have trouble sometimes so she just wanted to hide behind the phone I don't want that.
mortensorchid

But I can SOMEWHAT relate to your situation of a person who is hiding something about themselves probably appearance wise, although I have no proof if that was really the case. Once I had connected with someone on a dating website a few years ago, I am in Northeast Ohio he was somewhere in Michigan. He said he wanted to meet me. I said I would like to at least talk once before that, he would be coming a great distance to see me or me to him. I proposed Skype, he said he would come see me. I said let's talk on the phone, he said no tell me a date/time for us to meet. I said "No way" and that was that. I figured he was hiding something about himself, maybe appearance wise, but to just say "I'm coming to see you and I'm doing to drive 100+ miles" is ... Not right.