Ex affair partner is pregnant...

OP, you can do the paternity testing now. Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test (NIPP) - American Pregnancy Association

And here is some information confirming lostgirl's assertions. You absolutely can request a dna test. https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/paternity-test-laws.html

Anyone can “request” anything...doesn’t mean one’s request will be granted.

• Like 1

If are the father, u have grounds to know if u are.

If this ends up ruining her marriage, oh well. She has to live with consequences of her actions. Plenty of children grow up in divorced and co-parented situations. It's no different here.

If she is sure the baby isnt urs, taking the test is a no brainer.

• Like 1

If you hauled my azz into court against my will and force me to undergo a paternity test based on such flimsy evidence as presented in this post, then be prepared for me to unload the Gates of Hell upon your sorry butt if said testing proves I am not the daddy. It is called consequences. In the end you will be out about a $100K in attorney fees, lost time, and monetary damages you will be forced to pay me. Yes, consequences are costly...:mad: And, I need a new Corvette...:)

OP, you can do the paternity testing now. Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test (NIPP) - American Pregnancy Association

And here is some information confirming lostgirl's assertions. You absolutely can request a dna test. https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/paternity-test-laws.html

Lack of detail again...Just like whoknew said, you can request anything, I said haul me into court...a very distinctive difference. Man, you guys need to up your legal advice game.

Besides, what does this dude gain by this attempt? Just say he does manage to get her into court, and he is proven to be the father, then what? 18 yrs of child support, a mother of his child that will hate him and most likely create a toxic relationship between the father and the child....there are no winners. Then, if he isn't proven the father, then he opens himself up to significant financial consequences...another no win scenario.

How narcissistic can this guy get? This is just about him trying to blow up a marriage because he got dumped.

pepperbird

The most important person in this scenario is the little boy or girl. What is best for them?

TheRainbow

If your the father and want to be in that child's life, I'd establish paternity before she gets married. My husband isn't the father of my baby, but since we are married (soon to be divorced), he is the legal father of our baby and the other man (which I hope stays away for ever) will have a hard, if not impossible time establishing paternity. Not to mention my husband's desire to remain her legal father, and the fact he has more money will make it that much harder.

BurnedAndLost

I cannot believe people are telling this guy he can't want to be in his (possible) child's life. If he had said the opposite thing he would be called a deadbeat.

• Like 3
I cannot believe people are telling this guy he can't want to be in his (possible) child's life. If he had said the opposite thing he would be called a deadbeat.

Believe it. It not only is a legal issue, but it appears his motives are questionable. Just because you claim you banged somebody does not entitle you to destroy a family....because legally that is all this is.

Believe it. It not only is a legal issue, but it appears his motives are questionable. Just because you claim you banged somebody does not entitle you to destroy a family....because legally that is all this is.

Maybe OP isn't coming back. That said, this woman earned the scrutiny. She cheated on her husband and lied to the OP about being pregnant.

Op should take her word that this child is not his? There is no reason to defend the thread starter as he had unprotected sex with a married woman.

However, if there is any chance this is his biological child, he has a right to know.

More importantly, the child has a right to know.

If this woman is all consumed with protecting her family, she would never had sex with the OP.

This reminds me of an old song that I can't remember the title to...the jist, great night but don't come looking after the baby is here. Anyone?

CautiouslyOptimistic

This reminds me of an old song that I can't remember the title to...the jist, great night but don't come looking after the baby is here. Anyone?

All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You?

• Like 1

Don't come around here no more... by the great Tom Petty!

• Like 1
All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You?

Yes! Thank you, that was bothering me.:love:

Heart

Love Tom Petty S2B, applicable.

Edited by Timshel
  • Like 1
vanhalenfan

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Maybe OP isn't coming back. That said, this woman earned the scrutiny. She cheated on her husband and lied to the OP about being pregnant.

Op should take her word that this child is not his? There is no reason to defend the thread starter as he had unprotected sex with a married woman.

However, if there is any chance this is his biological child, he has a right to know.

More importantly, the child has a right to know.

If this woman is all consumed with protecting her family, she would never had sex with the OP.

Again, read my posts...I am arguing 2 points...legal and moral.

Legally, according to the courts, all these are allegations...unprotected sex, an alleged affair, lied about being pregnant etc..he said, she said. Can you imagine the abuses if all one had to do was to make an allegation against a strange couple off of the street, and next thing is everyone has to take a blood test?...get real.

Here is the moral point, a lot of the ones here that have been hurt by affairs are interested in vengeance at all costs, and hid it behind" the truth" and people have a right to know....I say BS, they just want to get even. Besides the legal point, IMHO, that is all this is about...bitterness over being dumped.

Let's agree to disagree. i'm done.