Has anyone ever reached a point like this?

If I were you OP I would refrain from dating until you move this fall. It isn't that far away (3 months). Just relax and take care of yourself so you will be ready for fall. Get a makeover.

How old are you prepraph?

It bugs me so much when people tell me "Don't worry, you'll find someone when you least expect it!" Like, I know some people die without ever being married, and whenever I wasn't looking or expecting anyone in the past, they did come but things never worked out.

65. Now, I could have married a guy who was my friend, but I didn't want to.

I felt that for about 8 years. Weren't single during all of that time but carried a certain bitterness. Loneliness hit in several points and my choices weren't great. A month or so ago I started feeling a desire to fall in love. Truly and genuinely. And that made me incredibly happy because I thought I'd lost that desire for good. Now I feel I have to be very careful with my choices and deep inside I'm afraid of making a mistake again. But I want to give it a shot anyway.

Anyone ever feel the way I do after multiple breakups/failed dating experiences? How did you overcome the compounded pain?

32 here

3 failed relationships, even more rejections

Welcome to the club.

Everytime it happens i feel i go downhill:

- it hurts more

- i feel more hopeless

- i think "this is the one" and the crash is harder every time

- slowly accept ill be alone all my life

- slowly distrust women