Missing a partner

hippychick3

Something that helps me when I don't hear from my bf for several hours when he's with other people is to know that he frequently talks about me to others when I'm not around. So, even if he isn't actually calling or texting me, I'm still on his mind frequently.

I remember when we first started dating almost 5 years ago, I was upset one day that I hadn't heard from him throughout the day. It was a Friday, and it was the first time I was going to be spending the night with him. When I had not heard from him since early that morning, my own anxiety got the best of me and I worried that he had changed his mind (not that I told him this). Well, of course he did text after work and we did get together that night. And you know what he told me? That he had been talking to his boss and coworkers about me that afternoon and told them how excited he was about seeing me that night.

Just because we don't "hear from" our partners doesn't mean they aren't thinking about us, talking about us, and looking forward to seeing us.

• Like 1

Have not heard from him today and saw he was online, so I am already downward spiraling again :(

Don't look him up. You have to discard from your life the behaviors that hurt you. My bf is on Whatsapp, I never EVER go on it to check if he's been on. I know if I see him being online during the day I'll start questioning how come he's not busy working. So, to avoid putting myself through this I ignore the app.

Also, I have FB, my bf doesn't. I told him the day he has a FB I will delete mine. I will not put myself through checking the people he adds as friends and why he's liking pictures and all that BS. I will not be there for any of it.

• Author
heavenonearth
Don't look him up. You have to discard from your life the behaviors that hurt you. My bf is on Whatsapp, I never EVER go on it to check if he's been on. I know if I see him being online during the day I'll start questioning how come he's not busy working. So, to avoid putting myself through this I ignore the app.

Also, I have FB, my bf doesn't. I told him the day he has a FB I will delete mine. I will not put myself through checking the people he adds as friends and why he's liking pictures and all that BS. I will not be there for any of it.

I am not so worried about who he adds or who's pictures he likes.

He is not sooo active on FB.

But yeah, you are right. It's just so hard to keep myself 'in check'. I have zero discipline when it comes to this...