My boyfriend and i saw his ex in WalMart today...

ShaniaP96

• Author
I don't think it's necessary or helpful to delve into OP's past relationships and reasons for breaking up.

OP, how long have you been dating this guy? I agree he's still way into that girl, was disrespectful to you in the way he acted, and there's probably very little chance he'll apologize if you bring it up :(.

A fee months and i could tell he wanted her attention badly , especially randomly calling her name to say some stupid things like “hey Bria i just found out that these grapes smell weird” and grabbing her basket while shes trying to shop

Like doing stupid uncalled for things

Yeah, I think it's a problem. I mean, he was putting no consideration into being respectful to you. I'm afraid this would be a dealbreaker for me. I mean, if you have to TELL someone not to behave like that, it's not the same as them doing it of their own accord and doesn't mean anything except that now they'll sneak.

CautiouslyOptimistic
A fee months and i could tell he wanted her attention badly , especially randomly calling her name to say some stupid things like “hey Bria i just found out that these grapes smell weird” and grabbing her basket while shes trying to shop

Like doing stupid uncalled for things

Disrespectful to you :(.

• Author
Yeah, I think it's a problem. I mean, he was putting no consideration into being respectful to you. I'm afraid this would be a dealbreaker for me. I mean, if you have to TELL someone not to behave like that, it's not the same as them doing it of their own accord and doesn't mean anything except that now they'll sneak.

Crazy thing is he didn’t think i saw him since we kind of were shopping sperately , yeah he’s a sneak. At first i was going to give him the benefit of the doubt because i don’t know how the really ended or if they just were cool friends but i wouldn’t speak on anyone’s butt even if it was noticeable

coolheadal
Crazy thing is he didn’t think i saw him since we kind of were shopping sperately , yeah he’s a sneak. At first i was going to give him the benefit of the doubt because i don’t know how the really ended or if they just were cool friends but i wouldn’t speak on anyone’s butt even if it was noticeable

His focus wasn't on you at all. Now you understand what he did and why he did it. You never play into your ex while your current gf is in the same store. Like I said you should have left the store. Saying well I see your having such a good time with your ex, why don't I just leave you two alone. Oh yes by-the-way we're done you and I.

Edited by coolheadal
  • Author
His focus wasn't on you at all. Now you understand what he did and why he did it. You never play into your ex while your current gf is in the same store. Like I said you should have left the store. Saying well I see your having such a good time with your ex, why don't I just leave you two alone. Oh yes by-the-way we're done you and I.

Ugh i wish i did but i stood by like a fool

I'm also going to say that not only was his behavior disrespectful, but it's clear he still holds a flame for her. Whatever happened with the breakup, he didn't want it. Maybe it was her life, family, circumstances that caused him to move on, but he still very much wants her. For him to flirt in such a way (he didn't know you were there) is wrong, and all this time he was flirting with some "stranger" or "a crush" which is pretty bad all on it's own, and the continued flirty, joking, his attention fully focused on her and her whereabouts throughout your shopping while you were by his side...but then you find out they were a couple?

I would feel so stupid and belittled with not only the little conversation they had and him lusting after her butt, but the continued banter while I was by his side and the finale of the hair pull...grade school/junior high antics of "I like you." How embarrassing and hurtful.

My thought - do you you really want him? I mean, why worry about appearing too clingy and jealous and worry if you might lose him if you don't approach this the right way...do you really want him that bad if he thinks this behavior is okay? Don't be crazy and emotional, but stay calm and lay it on the line that how he acted was not cool. Does he still want to be with her or not? Because the way I see it, for as much as it would hurt, if this frank discussion causes a breakup, then good riddance.

• Author
I'm also going to say that not only was his behavior disrespectful, but it's clear he still holds a flame for her. Whatever happened with the breakup, he didn't want it. Maybe it was her life, family, circumstances that caused him to move on, but he still very much wants her. For him to flirt in such a way (he didn't know you were there) is wrong, and all this time he was flirting with some "stranger" or "a crush" which is pretty bad all on it's own, and the continued flirty, joking, his attention fully focused on her and her whereabouts throughout your shopping while you were by his side...but then you find out they were a couple?

I would feel so stupid and belittled with not only the little conversation they had and him lusting after her butt, but the continued banter while I was by his side and the finale of the hair pull...grade school/junior high antics of "I like you." How embarrassing and hurtful.

My thought - do you you really want him? I mean, why worry about appearing too clingy and jealous and worry if you might lose him if you don't approach this the right way...do you really want him that bad if he thinks this behavior is okay? Don't be crazy and emotional, but stay calm and lay it on the line that how he acted was not cool. Does he still want to be with her or not? Because the way I see it, for as much as it would hurt, if this frank discussion causes a breakup, then good riddance.

I tried hard not to read into this scenario too much but my heart is tell into me otherwise. It’s clear there is something there especially on his side. I don’t even want to talk about it, it’s clear where his feelings are .. seems like he’s been hiding this for a while

coolheadal
I tried hard not to read into this scenario too much but my heart is tell into me otherwise. It’s clear there is something there especially on his side. I don’t even want to talk about it, it’s clear where his feelings are .. seems like he’s been hiding this for a while

Look on the bright side you know where you stand with him. You have also learned what to do if such and event ever takes place in your life. I wish it doesn't happen to you.. No one wants to go through this...