He is too short

Amy In Clouds

If this is bothering you now then maybe not continue any further or he`ll get invested. Since you are on here your asking for peoples opinion.

My opinion is to be absolutely sure he`s not for you then go for another date and you can find out how feel.

I'm 5`5" for a man I am short but I have found girls shorter who I ve dated. However there was one girl who was 5`7" tall and she was noticeably taller when she wore her heels. It didn't bother her but someone do think that's an issue.

Have you tried to picture if he`s someone who you want to be in the future?

That’s weird to be upset because he is 5cm shorter than you..

But the fact he lied about it is odd too, not good.

If he was otherwise great then I would say to give it a chance but the fact he is a liar and that you’re otherwise not attracted then why bother?

He also kind of agreed with everything I said which was a bit of a turn off.

So because he felt the same way you do it turned you off? I would think you would be happy that he agreed with you to make breaking it off with him easier.

• Author
Amy In Clouds

When someone always agrees with you, to me it is a sign (apart from compatibility) that he is trying to make himself more appealing to me. I like a good intellectual challenge or at least someone who speaks their mind clearly. This guy doesn't. He would wait for me to offer an opinion and then would say yeah yeah. Yeah, he is too short for me to like him, clearly if I really liked him I wouldn't care about his shortness, I do so it is clear we are not meant to be.

When someone always agrees with you, to me it is a sign (apart from compatibility) that he is trying to make himself more appealing to me. I like a good intellectual challenge or at least someone who speaks their mind clearly. This guy doesn't. He would wait for me to offer an opinion and then would say yeah yeah. Yeah, he is too short for me to like him, clearly if I really liked him I wouldn't care about his shortness, I do so it is clear we are not meant to be.

This passive behavior should be enough. And he lied on his profile. He is probably lying about agreeing with you. The problem isn't that he is short. The problem is that he generally lacking in the real man department. Do you want to be the man in the relationship not just in stature but in behavior as well? That's what this is setting up to be. You could TRY to write off your stature issue as you being shallow if he had a personality to compensate. It doesn't seem like that is the case here.

I disagree! Hahahaha. Sometimes us men just agree as we cant be bothered to argue for the sake of arguing as for some people they will never agree or change their opinion because they are so stubborn to do so.

I only agree if its right and there are facts/evidence to back up and argument. Otherwise I just agree UNTIL you are proven to be wrong.

...clearly if I really liked him I wouldn't care about his shortness, I do so it is clear we are not meant to be.

Not so clear given that it sounds like a hard deal breaker for a man to be 1cm+ shorter than you.

You can't help what you like, but I hope for your sake you meet a shorter guy sometime that makes you forget that he's short. I know I have. Jeez, look at Mick Jagger. His women all towered over him.

newyorker11356
You can't help what you like, but I hope for your sake you meet a shorter guy sometime that makes you forget that he's short. I know I have. Jeez, look at Mick Jagger. His women all towered over him.

To be fair, you can't compare Mick Jagger to the average person. One is a celebrity, the other isn't.

Well, that's kind of the point. Some guys manage to make themselves stand out and be counted even when they are short. The most popular guy in my old crowd was short. Nobody cared. He was fun and cool.

• Like 1
newyorker11356
Well, that's kind of the point. Some guys manage to make themselves stand out and be counted even when they are short. The most popular guy in my old crowd was short. Nobody cared. He was fun and cool.

Mick Jagger is also 5'10, so he's not short, but just at the average height of a male.

Don't waste his time or money with a second date. You don't like him, let him find someone who does.

Height is a big deal for me. I can't date women over 5'7" max, but really prefer 5'3" (I'm 6' for reference).

I can find tall women attractive, but I'm not sexually arosed by them (and their accompanying large feet ).

I don't really notice how I tower over most of the women I date until I see us in a picture. But this is what works for me so I roll with it.

Ask any woman who decided to date outside her type how it worked out....

He also kind of agreed with everything I said which was a bit of a turn off. He texted me after our date telling me he really liked me an he hopes to see me again.

I responded with we will keep in touch. Then he texted me again today asking me how I was.

Sounds like he might be giving off the "Beta-Male, Nice Guy, Pleaser" vibe and that is what you really don't like. If he had his act together and came across more masculine you probably wouldn't be concerned much about the height. Being taller than the guy can make you as a woman feel less feminine,...but if the guy is more masculine it can offset that and the height won't bother you as much.

That is my guess,...but I can only judge by what you've said.

Edited by PRW
  • Like 1

You wouldn't feel good if he was asking about your weight or judging you on it yet you are judging him on something completely out of his control.

• Author
Amy In Clouds
You wouldn't feel good if he was asking about your weight or judging you on it yet you are judging him on something completely out of his control.

No, I wouldn't. But I am pretty sure I have been judged on my weight, my height, my hair, my eyes... I am not judging him, I am not consciously deciding I don't like him - I just don't. I can't change how I feel. I think he's a nice guy, but he is not sexually appealing to me at all. I guess you could say there simply isn't any chemistry, but I know why - because I feel huge next to him. Honestly, I was surprised he would like me. I had a guy turn me down in the past because we were the same height and he felt bad every time I wore heels. I understood him. You can't really decide you genuinely like or dislike someone.

No, I wouldn't. But I am pretty sure I have been judged on my weight, my height, my hair, my eyes... I am not judging him, I am not consciously deciding I don't like him - I just don't. I can't change how I feel. I think he's a nice guy, but he is not sexually appealing to me at all. I guess you could say there simply isn't any chemistry, but I know why - because I feel huge next to him. Honestly, I was surprised he would like me. I had a guy turn me down in the past because we were the same height and he felt bad every time I wore heels. I understood him. You can't really decide you genuinely like or dislike someone.

There's nothing wrong with not being attracted to someone. That's why we date - to see if that spark is there. I know the minute I lay eyes on a woman if it's a yes or a no. I just do. It's that indescribable something.

I had a guy turn me down in the past because we were the same height and he felt bad every time I wore heels. I understood him. You can't really decide you genuinely like or dislike someone.

Dare I quote Corey Wayne? "Attraction is not a choice"

No, I wouldn't. But I am pretty sure I have been judged on my weight, my height, my hair, my eyes... I am not judging him, I am not consciously deciding I don't like him - I just don't. [...]

Of course you are, we all do. It's built into our perception in how we reduce sensory data into categories in order to process it. Based on that information we will have to make judgement calls on whether a person is good for us or not. Everybody does it everyday.

In your best judgement he will not be a good match for you because you don't find him physically attractive. Simply stand by that decision, it's probably better for him, too.

Wow. Such a long thread about such a short guy! :laugh:

All this discussing just seems silly to me. You went on a date and you weren't feeling it. He also lied about his height too which wasn't cool. You don't need to justify not wanting to go on a second date.

• Like 4
Mick Jagger is also 5'10, so he's not short, but just at the average height of a male.

Nonetheless, all of his model girlfriends and wives were a foot taller than him. Short is relative.