Boyfriend wants me to change professions

Ask him if he is willing to sell his home (assuming he owns), and move in to help pay yor bills. My guess is he would not feel to keen parting with a major life investment; keep in mind he has no problem expecting this from you.

I had a boyfriend who was weirdly insistant that I should not move into a management style role, but should be making more money....and in the field I am in now, that is the path to making more money...I am kind of moving into a more management style role now, doing more traveling, and evaluating different locations' needs for improvements, and what would be of best help to get them there.

I do think finding something other than bartending for the future is a good plan, but definitely do not give up something that has been a solid bill payer, so much so that you have a house, and good savings, just because of someone's impression of it. After all, because of it, you have resources to make other plans.

Hmm large commercial airlines I would investigate how many years they expect, and at what age they start phasing their pilots out. Others had some input to the smaller carriers, but continue investigating that. Then there is small business...bushplane operators, crop dusters, ect. You will need to lease hanger space if you have your own plane. Also something I do not know so much about, but now is the time to find out. Also consider what it takes to run a small business in general, knowledge and personality-wise. EAA stands for Experimental Aircraft Association, but their annual convention in Oshkosh is a hub for many in small/medium craft aviation, whether they fly planes for business or strictly for pleasure.

Also what about other sources of income, like buying a duplex rental property?

• Like 1