Distant doctor I was seeing. (ugh OLD)

Biscous

• Author
Exactly.

Why do you think I told you to do that? It is part of your problem. You need to learn how to have the right frame of mind to be able to do that.

Instead you get laser focused on The One and "scare the cat away".

You'll wake up one day and find yourself in your late-50's and have gotten nowhere. Spend 6 months searching,....3 months dating,...1 month mourning a failure,... 2 months getting back into the rhythm again. Meet another one and do that same thing again. Next thing you know you've been through 5 failed attempts and are now five years older with no progress. But doing what I am telling you let's you get through 5 of them, toss out 4 you didn't want and find a 5th one that has potential in just 2-3 months. This is exactly what the "Doc" is doing, I'd lay money on it,...you were just one of the "4" that got tossed out. That's why I keep hinting that you shouldn't look bad on her for that,...she is doing it "right",...learn from her.

I would think that women would agree even more that once you are intimate things change. Casual dating sure I get those rules, but once you have sex there's a higher level of closeness before.

I'm not talking about one night stands in a date. I'm talking about a progression to physical intimacy.

In my experience when I've done that to women they've gotten more attached and close. Either that or withdrew a LOT realizing that they weren't ready for anything serious.

... rely LESS on online dating.

I wasted over 5 years of my life on things I got into with online dating. You can screen much better face-to-face before you actually even ask them out the first time.