Do all women with kids talk about them on dates?

SevenCity

What I don't want to hear men talking about on dates is 1) Exes 2) Kids 3) Work.

Unless I ASK a specific question about one of those things.

And even then, it's not an invitation to ramble on incessantly about it. And believe me, people will.

The thing is, people talk about what they are most into. They talk about what's most important to them and what's their passion and priority in life. When I had little kids, I talked about them incessantly too. Not anymore because they are more independent now. I have a business that I'm passionate about and I talk about that a lot. I'm sure that bores people. I DON'T talk about exes. That's never good but you'd be surprised how many men want to talk about and bash their ex on a first date with me. Like hell I'm here to be your emotional tampon/therapist about your ex.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
What I don't want to hear men talking about on dates is 1) Exes 2) Kids 3) Work.

what is he supposed to talk about? his undying love for you?

what is he supposed to talk about? his undying love for you?

Most of the time they want me to do all of the talking.

I suspect the OP did that too. Had the woman do all the talking but he didn't like what she talked about.

I had a date with a woman and as we were talking she told me she has a kid.

I was disappointed as I don't date women with kids, but I figured what the hell since anything I find on OLD is just a temporary venture anyway - it's unlikely to become a problem by the time things go south/I lose interest.

As the date progressed, more of the conversation topic was dominated by her kid. Went on a second date and "single mother" and the name of her kid were peppered throughout the conversation all night.

It made me realize one of the reasons I don't date women with kids. EVERY SINGLE ONE seems to talk about them non stop.

I'm curious if this is an anomaly (as I rarely date women with kids), or just par for the course.

It depends upon the woman.

Some women define themselves by being a mother. Others don't--there is more going on in their lives from which they derive their identification other than the title "Mom".

That's why I swipe left on profile pics of men with their children, especially if they're small kids. That's a walking/talking billboard saying "you will never be a priority"--and that's cool. At least I know that upfront.

I'm definitely not a fan of dating sites that don't require that you TELL in your profile that you have kids.....

• Like 1

For real, tho...

I had one guy I'd met from OLD who went on a tear about all of the women he tried to date. Then he went in on how abusive his father was. I should have charged him $85 for the hour.

• Like 4