Anxious about being pregnant

sadiegirl86

• Author
sadiegirl86
Honey... do you see a counselor? You really need some help getting your anxiety under control. At this point... this is completely irrational. If your therapist says that do you not have anxiety - sounds like it is time for a new therapist.

YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. The odds of you being pregnant are somewhere around 0.0000000000000000000000000000005%

This isn't good for you, this isn't healthy. You need to learn how to not indulge these harmful thoughts and go down rabbit holes like this.

i told her i am anxious and i get intrusive thoughts and panic attacks (milder ones and i have learned to control them). i think maybe i need a different counsellor.

• Like 1

Don't have sex with anyone.

The truth that no one dares speaks is that all contraception, regardless of how effective it is, will fail.

So have sex, but it means possible accident babies.

• Like 1

The symptoms of ovulation, periods, pregnancy implantation and actual pregnancy symptom's, are very similar.

That is why your mind freaks out. Because it knows it took a risk. And your body is displaying symptoms similar to other things. And you just don't know what's happening even with tests, they fail too.

Only time will tell what your body was up to.

And that's why you freak out. Because of unsurity and dabbling in risk.

I believe everyone goes through these feelings.

Especially a woman that's already been through childbirth. Caused eit ends your life.

nope, but i wasn't this anxious either... not sure why this happens now...

Have you asked the guy you had sex with for support during this?

• Author
sadiegirl86
Have you asked the guy you had sex with for support during this?

Well not sure what kind of support I should ask for since I don't even know if I am pregnant. We weren't together for that long and I highly doubt he would have the understanding for my anxiety attacks. I don't want to freak him out just because I am freaking myself out. If, God forbid, should I end up being pregnant, I would talk to him.

It would probably be a good idea if you were to wait until you are in a committed relationship before you have sex again. That way you will have your partner to support you through this process since it is recurring.

• Author
sadiegirl86
It would probably be a good idea if you were to wait until you are in a committed relationship before you have sex again. That way you will have your partner to support you through this process since it is recurring.

I have my friends who support me. I am a very anxious person who has never before had sex outside of a serious relationship but I really liked this guy and thought we were going somewhere.

• Author
sadiegirl86

I also forgot to mention, or maybe I didn't, that the other line seemed to have appeared well over the 10 min window within which they said I should take the results into account. So it might be an evap line. If anyone has experience with this please let me know. Thanks.

• Author
sadiegirl86
I can identify with your post so much OP! I’ve just gone through this. I did a test a couple of weeks after I last had sex with my ex and it was negative. But then for some reason my anxiety and intrusive thoughts kicked in again and a couple of months later I decided I was pregnant. I had been feeling a bit bloated and my period was lighter and irregular as I had come off the pill. I did two more tests-negative. I too had read tests can be wrong, you can get your period while pregnant etc etc. I went to my doctor who felt my tummy and said she could feel nothing there and did a blood test to be sure. Of course it was negative. I got relief for about a day and then started to worry about stis. I’m in counselling as I know this is all anxiety related and it doesn’t matter how much you know you’re imagining things, it just keeps coming back, infiltrating your thoughts all day “what if?” I don’t think extra precautions with contraception will be your answer-it’s like someone mentioned above, it’s the anxiety that’s the problem. This is how it’s manifesting itself.

I just wanted to let you know I went through this. There’s no way in hell you are pregnant but go to the gp for another test if it puts your mind at ease-whatever it takes. But then deal with the root cause. Good luck!

I did another blood test and it came back < 0,100, the exact same result I got a week ago. I did it in the morning. I am calm now. I am still going to see my doctor next week but my cousin lost it on me when I told her I looked at the last pregnancy test six hours after I took it, she said she had tests showing up faint lines hours later and I should never do that. My doctor thinks I'm crazy btw. If anything, this has shown me I really need to work on my anxiety. Thank you.

• Like 1

Yes, you really do need to work on your anxiety. Seeking constant reassurance is one way to manage anxiety, but it is not an effective long term solution because... it will never be enough. The answer lies within you, not with the constant reassurance of others. You need to find other ways to cope. Good luck.

• Like 3