Why do men hate to see their exes move on?

Hello Loveshack. This is just something I’ve been pondering. Why do men get angry when women they dated move on? Even if it was just casual dating, they still get upset when they see her with someone else. Even if the guy gets married, he still gets mad if he sees a woman he used to date with another guy. Even if the girl is single, and he is married, he is still upset that woman moving on from him. Even if he was just with that girl as a FWB, he still gets mad if she moves on. Why get mad over a FWB? Weren’t you just sleeping with her anyway?

If anything, I have observed that a man will right off be pissed...whether behaving badly like a bull in a china cabinet or worse. It's somewhat tornadic and then done, if he reacts at all.

Women on the other hand, seem more stealth, ninja like and hold on to it for a long time.

Neither is a good thing.

If he is married, he is the definition of a jerk...therefore, said woman should have no concern of jerk's opine.

Rather carry on with her own life. :)

• Like 1

Honestly this sounds like an age thing. OP sounds young so I guessing she is dealing with young men.

I'm a little out of my element here I only have two exes and I remarried one. So the one I have, while my memories of her are fond and our ending was about as good as you can have I could care less about what she is doing romanticly. As for the casual things, to those I would say, who?

2.50 a gallon

It was sad when my ex-fiancé and I broke up, but the world is full of beautiful women and I was off to kiss as many as I could.

I caught my Ex-W kissing a guard at her place of work, and told her it was not a good idea to come home that night. So she went home with him. A week later she came by to get her things and tell me how happy she was.

A month later she again came by, the neighbor was having a BBQ and she stopped by to see our cats and once again rub salt in the wound.

That was until she threw her empty soda can in the garbage and discovered an empty bottle of champagne. A quick trip to our former bedroom confirmed her fears. And she totally fell apart.

It was she who used to show up where I least expected her. Grocery shopping, hobby shop. Later she sent me a B-day gift and X-mass gift. For the next couple of years I got cards, and on Valentines day. And the phone calls, asking for one more chance, lasted for another couple of years. Right up to the night before she married a second time.

• Like 1

I was always glad to see ex gf’s move on as it gave me freedom from guilt. In fact I set up 2 buddies with my ex gf’s to speed the process along.

Maybe guilt is the wrong word. Regret? Responsibility for her happiness? Whatever, I was very happy to see them move on. And I was invited to both weddings. As I recall, I was generous with gift giving.

• Like 1