How do you respond?

LB2016

• Author

I just have to first say I appreciate all the input. You all crack me up with your candidness and tough love!

A few things...I know I should only be focusing on me being hurt. I question and justify Bc as someone else did say- I do think he IS “broken” and am not sure he means what the hell he’s doing. That’s not to say it’s OK- but that would affect my response (if i should decide to give one) when the time comes that he reaches out to me again. That’s all I’m saying. I guess part of me doesn’t want to believe that he doesn’t care about my feelings. Maybe that’s why this is all tough for me.

I’m not holding onto anything and being bitter- although as each day passes of me not hearing from him, I am getting more pissed. Lol. It’s a good thing though Bc it’s giving me strength and validating even further why there are no more chances to be given. I met this guy 2 years ago and these are the same immature tactics going on. It’s very old at this point. Me feeling this way should make this all that much easier for me but it doesn’t. Meanwhile I’m driving myself crazy going through every option and possibility on what to do :o

TheFinalWord
I just have to first say I appreciate all the input. You all crack me up with your candidness and tough love!

A few things...I know I should only be focusing on me being hurt. I question and justify Bc as someone else did say- I do think he IS “broken” and am not sure he means what the hell he’s doing. That’s not to say it’s OK- but that would affect my response (if i should decide to give one) when the time comes that he reaches out to me again. That’s all I’m saying. I guess part of me doesn’t want to believe that he doesn’t care about my feelings. Maybe that’s why this is all tough for me.

I’m not holding onto anything and being bitter- although as each day passes of me not hearing from him, I am getting more pissed. Lol. It’s a good thing though Bc it’s giving me strength and validating even further why there are no more chances to be given. I met this guy 2 years ago and these are the same immature tactics going on. It’s very old at this point. Me feeling this way should make this all that much easier for me but it doesn’t. Meanwhile I’m driving myself crazy going through every option and possibility on what to do :o

I hate to sound cliche, but you are falling for the typical bad boy prototype. Aloof guy that uses and abuses you, that you want to fix up into a quality guy.

There are only two options. You continue to pine after this guy, who is not going to change, and continue to allow this guy to live rent-free in your mind. Or you go no contact and, as hard as it is, commit to putting yourself first and cutting him out of your life. I hope you pick the latter, but it is your choice.

• Like 2

So you've been accepting this behavior for 2 years thinking he doesn't mean any of it and yet you still won't block him but want to hear from him? Are you going to be wasting another 2 years of your life on this guy also?

So you've been accepting this behavior for 2 years thinking he doesn't mean any of it and yet you still won't block him but want to hear from him? Are you going to be wasting another 2 years of your life on this guy also?

Excellent point.

• Author

No...I’m done wasting time- especially at this point in my life. When I look back, I can’t believe it’s been 2 years and that I’m STILL in the same place. Nothing ever progressed with us.

You know what’s funny? My friend has been in a similar boat w a guy for 8 years! She’s a hopeless romantic and does a lot of justifying. Lol. I thought of it this morning - as much as I love her and she’s a great friend- I sure for **** don’t want to be like her. She’s always looking for the GOOD but it’s to a fault. She claims she doesn’t let things get to her, like when he doesn’t contact her for days or the fact that he hasn’t asked to see her for months, but I think it’s a front. I tell her he needs to be cut- and that’s the same advice I need to follow myself.

It’s ok though...with each day that passes and I don’t hear from the guy in my situation, it pushes me further away from him. This will end- whether it’s by me ignoring his text next time he sends one completely or me coming out and telling him not to contact me anymore- it’ll be over.

How would you respond when the time comes that he reaches out and texts again (because I'm sure at some point he will). Would you...

D. Have his number on block so he couldn't get through to me.

• Author

Because not knowing whether or not he’s tried to reach out to me would drive me crazy. I know maybe it doesn’t make sense to you but that’s how I am. I’d rather know and ignore than not know at all.

As for deleting his #, that won’t matter Bc unfortunately I have it memorized. Not Bc it’s HIS number- again just me. I have many stored in my brain.

It’s ok though...with each day that passes and I don’t hear from the guy in my situation, it pushes me further away from him. This will end- whether it’s by me ignoring his text next time he sends one completely or me coming out and telling him not to contact me anymore- it’ll be over.

When you make up your mind that you do not need his validation of you and that yours is the only one that matters you will block him. You can't make someone love you but when they do it is clear and you don't have to question it.

• Like 1
Because not knowing whether or not he’s tried to reach out to me would drive me crazy. I know maybe it doesn’t make sense to you but that’s how I am. I’d rather know and ignore than not know at all.

As for deleting his #, that won’t matter Bc unfortunately I have it memorized. Not Bc it’s HIS number- again just me. I have many stored in my brain.

Then you're not over this guy. You're still hooked in and haven't moved on.

• Author

You’re right, Ken- hence why I need to cut him off...lol. I never claimed to be over him.

I’ve come to the realization that this is what needs to be done despite my feelings.

And I agree Stilla- I have to get “over” needing any validation from him.