Do I need to have a talk with my FWB? Or am I not understanding how this arrangement

LenaBean94

True.

She did tell him someone was going to roll out before morning. Since he was the only other person she was having the conversation with and it wasn't him saying this, then through the process of elimination, it was her telling him what was up on her end.

Again, he didn't believe her, so that's on him.

I'm not arguing the point she slipped away before dawn without saying goodbye and he was expecting at least some notification... That doesn't have anything to do with rules.....I'm talking about the dinner dates he's asking her to go on, stuff like that. She needs to realize he could very well be manipulating the situation and needs to be very firm with him. If he doesn't comply...then it's a Bubbbb-bye!

• Like 1

I guess I'm used to FWB posts coming from women, talking about being in a scenario like this, and having conflicting emotions and/or feelings for the man that they're with. I suppose the advice is the same, although women are so much different than men so maybe it's not. I am going to guess the man you're sleeping with at the very least, would like sex to be more nurturing as opposed to the <wham bam thank you mam> or in this case 'sir'. Not everyone is up to just f'ing and walking away like you just took a pss. Although I'm the rusty old fashioned type, silly me, for thinking sex was to be between two people in love and in a relationship.

ExpatInItaly

You two should not be FWB.

You want very different things and it's getting too complicated. You want a f-buddy, to be blunt. He wants more "friend" to go with the benefits. Neither of you is wrong, really, but you're barking up the wrong respective trees.

To be fair, I don't think you're necessarily being consistent, either. Leave after sex if that's what you told him you would do; don't hang out to cuddle and wait until he's asleep to slip out. Have your fun, relax a bit while you come down from it, then make a courteous departure while he is awake to see you off. Don't accept dinner date invitations from him either.

I think it would be better to just can this whole arrangement altogether, but if you keep it up, try to be a little more mindful of the mixed messages you are starting to send by going along with what he wants.