Can you fall in love with someone but not see a future together?

Will he probably ask for me back when he has seen that I have moved on?

If you've moved on, it won't matter if he asks you back.

• Like 2
Will he probably ask for me back when he has seen that I have moved on?

If you've moved on, it won't matter.

Sounds like he's got you waiting in the wings in case he needs a fall back, which means you haven't moved on yet.

I get really upset with him when he lies and I say mean things to him.

He's also been working the perfect excuse to blame you for any wavering on his part, by claiming that getting back together in six months rests on whether he sees enough improvement from you...that improvement having to do with your negative comments, which come out because you don't like it when he lies.

So, in this scenario, he would come back to you in six months, but now you can only have positive comments about his lies.

He's avoiding blame and projecting problems onto you. This is a common manipulation tactic.

In the meantime, he's free to date and invest in this other girl. If his relationship fails early, you're willing to take him back, until he's inevitably ready to find someone new... at which time, he'll site the same excuses he used to exit the relationship the first time. If he doesn't want to end the relationship with the other girl at six months, he can just say that you haven't changed enough, or that he "needs more time," and he'll keep you waiting indefinitely.

• Like 2
Does this kind of thing happen?

yes it has happened to me a few times.....looked past the feelings and didn't like what I saw. There was too much not right. Never regretted my decision to get out.

The kool thing about was, I ran into them years later, and felt nothing for them. Didn't miss them one bit.

Edited by smackie9

This is just his manipulative way to keep two women at once (or more) and try to keep them from being mad about that. See, a lot of men don't share your dream of finding one right guy and marrying him happily ever after. Some men, their dream is to get as many women lined up to have sex with as possible without them all being mad at him. That is where the manipulation comes in. He gives you false hope that he REALLY might love only you. That's a load. You need to drop him and block him and find someone who wants what you want.

• Like 3
heavenonearth

Yes. Most of my past relationships were like this.

I always dated younger guys and knew most of my relationships were temporary.

• Like 1