She didn’t feel a connection

CasualDude10

Cookiesandough
It's possible you waited to long to text. Though to me the content of the text was a bit odd..."that was the goal"...seems a simple, "I had a great time. Have a great night!" would have sufficed. But I don't know, if someone is that nit-picky then you're probably better off.

It's possible the distance is another factor. Living an hour apart can start to wear on the other person, especially if they aren't that into you.

Corey Wayne is interesting and has some good tips. But it's obvious you didn't read that damn book 10-15 times :p (if you have watched his stuff, you'll know what I mean).

Maybe his books are great. I don't think Corey Wayne has good game(a few of his ideas are ok but pretty human nature 101), a lot of times he completely misses what is good game, but I can't be sure because I've only watched his videos. In

video he specifically advises men to use the "I fell asleep" line that OP used. lol Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 4
Versacehottie
Maybe his books are great. I don't think Corey Wayne has good game, but I can't be sure because I've only watched his videos. In
video he specifically advises men to use the "I fell asleep" line that OP used.lol

ugh. What is amazing about guys that are taking his advice, is that when I see Corey's look, it's a straight up no as to whether I would ever go on a date with him. Thinking lots of girls would not find him attractive. Thus, what could his real life experience be? Combined with dumb-a** tactics, he's a full-on mess. I just can't see why regular guys are taking advice from a guy that doesn't even LOOK like he would be successful with women. I mean it's common sense.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
ugh. What is amazing about guys that are taking his advice, is that when I see Corey's look, it's a straight up no as to whether I would ever go on a date with him. Thinking lots of girls would not find him attractive. Thus, what could his real life experience be? Combined with dumb-a** tactics, he's a full-on mess. I just can't see why regular guys are taking advice from a guy that doesn't even LOOK like he would be successful with women. I mean it's common sense.

Made me laugh. I agree. Not trying to be mean, but yea he's not an attractive man(to me), but above that it's his demeanor/attitude. He would do a lot better without it. Not to derail any more, but just wanna say I shudder to think what kind of women he has "trained" to "chase" him. He obviously couldn't game/"train" his ex w because hes a man going his own way/sworn off marriage now which is probably for the best for all.

Just what universe does this guy live where the narrative in the last part of his vid would play out with a sane woman who is not attracted to a man?

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

Well, the one thing the Corey Wayne followers on here seem to have in common is that they are all struggling :confused:

That said, getting back to the OP's situation, there is hardly a predictable repeatable formula for chemistry. It is quite possible that the reason why she isn't feeling chemistry for you isn't due to anything you "did".

BUT, waiting to text her back sure didn't help.

• Like 2

Do not think much of this. Likely one of the following:

You both wanted different things i.e. she wanted a relationship, you wanted to hook up, etc...Saying something nice is a easier way for them to end it and not feel guilty because a lot of people struggle with that.

She was attracted to you, but probably figured that you were different in a few ways from people that she dated or was used to and for that reason it was not worth pursuing-generally these are people who are single because subconsciously they keep themselves single. They look for the same thing or same sort of thing without realizing that the same sort of thing has not been working out too well for them in the past.

She knew what she wanted, and that was not to date, it was just to have fun. For her, this was just fun.

General dating rule. Do not care about these things or other people. Do less for others, do more for yourself. Do things you want to do. Don't care what they think. When you are in a relationship with someone who wants to be, then you can change that frame of mind. Also, it's just dating. Don't get so hung up on it, let it go and fill your life with things that are fulfilling.

Gotta pay attention to her and base your actions on her reactions. Listen to her words and watch her body language. This is really hard over text but almost universally not responding for days communicates disinterest and will kill any chemistry there might have been even if you ARE the gods' gift to women!

• Like 1
heavenonearth

Well it takes two to tango

A connection can’t be forced

Even if you are the most perfect person on the planet

Chemistry is unexplainable

And it needs to be there and be felt by both parties

Don’t sweat it.

There’s other fish in the sea

As a big Corey Wayne fan let me ask you if you've ever read his book?

The point is his methods do work, you are just unclear as to what they are trying to accomplish.

He is not a PUA trying to bed every chick he sees. What he teaches is to find a woman who does not have rules (he better text me within X amount of time, I don't kiss on the first date, etc) and one who is REALLY into you.

His methods do exactly what they are supposed to do. It drives away women who do not make ideal partners and will keep ones who do.

If a women shuts you down because she didn't get a text in X time she is either following a rule book, demanding, or not into you. I would not cancel on a woman I was really into due to her responding the next day. If a woman is really into you she won't mind either.

If the goal is to bed the woman, his methods will not work on most.

• Like 1

The point is his methods do work, you are just unclear as to what they are trying to accomplish.

He is not a PUA trying to bed every chick he sees. What he teaches is to find a woman who does not have rules (he better text me within X amount of time, I don't kiss on the first date, etc) and one who is REALLY into you.

His methods do exactly what they are supposed to do. It drives away women who do not make ideal partners and will keep ones who do.

If a women shuts you down because she didn't get a text in X time she is either following a rule book, demanding, or not into you. I would not cancel on a woman I was really into due to her responding the next day. If a woman is really into you she won't mind either.

But, here is what is missing though. The girl in most cases does NOT have such rules.

Here is an analogy. You're a college student, and on the first day of the new semester you notice there are two girls in your class whom you are attracted to, Girl #1 and Girl #2. They both sort of look you over and smile at you. You think you'd be interested in either but you're not sure which one yet and you don't like to multi-date.

You show up for class one day and Girl #1 isn't there, but Girl #2 is, and she is very friendly to you--asks you all these questions about your major ect. If you are like most of us, you will end up striking while the iron is hot and set up hanging out w Girl #2 out and as long as you feel the chemistry w her, kind of forget about Girl #1. It isn't that Girl #1 violated your "rules" or anything, it is just that life moves kinda fast sometimes and you and Girl #2 just happened to strike things up.

Anyway there is a chance something like this may have happened with OP and the girl he went on a date with. While OP was playing it cool, this woman has other guys she could like texting her. Maybe the conversation with one took off and now he is the one she is focusing on at the moment.

Meanwhile, haven't you ever lost interest in someone because you suspect they aren't that into you back? Again, not a rules thing, but we tend to like those who like us back.

Edited by Imajerk17
Versacehottie

Not to derail the OP's thread, but no I haven't. I've seen snippets of his videos. I would actually agree with finding a woman who doesn't have "rules" but sounds like he does that by giving rules of his own and "testing" the women (or asking his followers to) to try to make sure they aren't doing some nonsense of their own. That might backfire on a completely fine and worthy (but fed up with games) girl.

I think i understand what they are "trying" to accomplish but a lot of my opinion of that is based on what the guys that come to this forum say they have done in the name of corey wayne. And they seemed to be the most confused, unable to rely on their own instincts of any sort that come to this site. Overall, I think their interpretation of his tactics may be flawed or it may draw the most flawed with regarded to dating sort of guy. To be honest, I have liked a lot of your posts Seven and I would more likely follow YOU if I were a guy than Corey Wayne. That's my point above about him: what about that guy says he has success with women or is qualified to give successful dating advice about women? Not even of the PUA kind but just regular getting her to like you kind. I haven't seen it. Not in many of his followers that come here either to post story after story of yet another failed dating thing IN SPITE of great Corey's methods. With the exception of you, of course. I like a lot of your posts, that's for sure. Guy common sense--how you got it I wouldn't have guessed from Corey Wayne, but your interpretation for most part is one I can deal with. Maybe you should help the Corey Wayne followers out? Start a thread for better interpretation? Just an idea because most of them are getting it wrong and maybe you just have a better spin on it :)

todreaminblue

wasting someones time i feel is way more damaging....

maybe she should have given you a few more dates....it wouldnt have changed the outcome....she wasnt for you, you were not for her.....i avoid this happening simply for the fact i dont date unless i feel a connection before accepting date number one. i dont feel a connection with many men on an intimate level....so i dont date often....when i do ...it always goes longer than two dates...it ends up a relationship with commitment...which is what i feel before date number one ...a feeling of wanting to make a concerted effort in knowing the guy i am about to be with....and focus on....

my youngest daughter struggles with telling her dates its a no go......and i have told her this is what you need to do if you dont want to face rejecting a date is make sure there's a connection before accepting dates..... she replied i prefer that i just get them to break up with me....which i used to do when i was younger too...i would want the guy to break up with me and i would try to make it that way...they however ...hung on .......i loathe being the rejector.....as does my daughter....most people do loathe it....it feels horrible to let someone down or say goodbye when you know they have feelings and hearts that you are going to hurt.......but

you want it to happen op...as soon as possible......so you can move on .....and find the woman that is right for you.....and you can have someone love you as they should love you...be happy for that.....future woman adn yourself......think forward......and know its for the best....

honestly it was necessary...she did right by you.......it saves you wasting time and further developing feelings for someone who isnt into you.....she did good....even if it doesnt feel that way......sometimes what is right to happen doesnt feel ....so good....but it will...trust me...i believe it will feel right to you....with time.....i wish you well......deb

Not to derail the OP's thread, but no I haven't. I've seen snippets of his videos. I would actually agree with finding a woman who doesn't have "rules" but sounds like he does that by giving rules of his own and "testing" the women (or asking his followers to) to try to make sure they aren't doing some nonsense of their own. That might backfire on a completely fine and worthy (but fed up with games) girl.

I think i understand what they are "trying" to accomplish but a lot of my opinion of that is based on what the guys that come to this forum say they have done in the name of corey wayne. And they seemed to be the most confused, unable to rely on their own instincts of any sort that come to this site. Overall, I think their interpretation of his tactics may be flawed or it may draw the most flawed with regarded to dating sort of guy. To be honest, I have liked a lot of your posts Seven and I would more likely follow YOU if I were a guy than Corey Wayne. That's my point above about him: what about that guy says he has success with women or is qualified to give successful dating advice about women? Not even of the PUA kind but just regular getting her to like you kind. I haven't seen it. Not in many of his followers that come here either to post story after story of yet another failed dating thing IN SPITE of great Corey's methods. With the exception of you, of course. I like a lot of your posts, that's for sure. Guy common sense--how you got it I wouldn't have guessed from Corey Wayne, but your interpretation for most part is one I can deal with. Maybe you should help the Corey Wayne followers out? Start a thread for better interpretation? Just an idea because most of them are getting it wrong and maybe you just have a better spin on it :)

Thanks Versace!:love::love:

I enjoy your posts as well - very insightful and observant. Truth be told I was pretty good about dating in my youth but was out of the game for 17 years and had forgotten - CW reminded me of a lot of what I already once knew which is why it makes so much sense to me.

But the real key is following the stuff AFTER the pickup. That's where I've gone wrong in the past and it makes so much sense now. Had I read his book prior I would never have been on this board as I wouldn't have lost the love of my life. Though you may not agree with everything, it is a good read and yes, most guys watch a few vids and think they get it, most women watch a few vids and dismiss it as PUA. That's a good idea about a CW thread!

For the OP....

If you wanted a great relationship, I think you handled yourself well. If you wanted to score with her, she may have needed extra validation. I've given up on finding a great relationship so my tactics have adjusted accordingly.

Then again, it could be that she's not into you. Women will fool around with you and think nothing of it more than a handshake. Don't take it as a guarantee for anything.

• Like 2
TheFinalWord
Maybe his books are great. I don't think Corey Wayne has good game(a few of his ideas are ok but pretty human nature 101), a lot of times he completely misses what is good game, but I can't be sure because I've only watched his videos. In
video he specifically advises men to use the "I fell asleep" line that OP used. lol

Well, Wayne is not really a "game" guy. When I think of a game/seduction guy, I think of Roosh V. Roosh is more political these days, but his material is strictly about hooking up and how to run game in different countries. Wayne is more about finding someone for a relationship.

Wayne helps men writing him by giving them an outside perspective on how to proceed (basically the same thing as Loveshack). Most of his advice boils down to identifying red flags, making clear dating plans, limiting communication between dates at the beginning, not coming across as stalker-ish, and not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Regarding his looks, he's admitted that himself a lot of times that he's not a looker; yet, he's dated models. It's actually a selling point for his methods. His philosophy is to do what you can with what you have. ;)

Edited by TheFinalWord