Why would a guy text first and then not respond?

varicose

hippychick3
Even if she calls she still might not know. Guys like this can equivocate for days/weeks/months.

Okay, maybe she does call, he actually picks up, she asks him out, he agrees, they go out, the next day he texts her again, "how's it going," and again leaves her hanging when she replies. She's now put forth a lot of effort just to be where she is right now—confused. Not sure why calling is some magic bullet cure. It may not be. The chances of a guys like this actually picking up her call is slim.

And even if he did answer and they did go out again, he’s still gonna be lukewarm. Who wants that? Eh, just move on to an actual interested person who you don’t have to chase or question their interest.

I guarantee every successful relationship here did not start off with a girl chasing a lukewarm guy.

• Like 1
A guy I recently started seeing did this. "How are you?" And then no response to my response. Days ago. Why do this? What does it mean?

That's called "chumming the waters"...

He's waiting to see who bites first. Someone else must have and he went with that.

• Like 1
Even if she calls she still might not know. Guys like this can equivocate for days/weeks/months.

Okay, maybe she does call, he actually picks up, she asks him out, he agrees, they go out, the next day he texts her again, "how's it going," and again leaves her hanging when she replies. She's now put forth a lot of effort just to be where she is right now—confused. Not sure why calling is some magic bullet cure. It may not be. The chances of a guys like this actually picking up her call is slim.

Not only that, but he's probably looking at who's calling and is ignoring the call.

Doing nothing... gets her no answers to her questions and she continues to wonder about the situation.

If she makes a phone call, she is taking a proactive effort to get the answers she desires.

Why are so many people afraid to actually talk on the phone to a potential date??

They are not afraid they just know this situation too well.

Yeah dont call.

At least, you'll know vs. wondering.

Rejection is temporary... Regret is forever...

What regret? No regret.

Happy Lemming
What regret? No regret.

It is possible she would regret not calling and finding out...

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life." - Confucius

hippychick3
It is possible she would regret not calling and finding out...

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life." - Confucius

I seriously doubt she'd be a fool for life by not calling him.

The lack of action and consistent communication gives her the answers she needs to move on.

Happy Lemming
I seriously doubt she'd be a fool for life by not calling him.

The lack of action and consistent communication gives her the answers she needs to move on.

The question not asked, never gets answered.

This isn't a "first date" situation, they have gone out several times and know one another. They are familiar...

A simple two minute phone call could clear everything up. Maybe even "jump start" a possible good relationship. Maybe he got the wrong message based on a comment she made (while they were out), without a phone call I guess we'll never really know.

The question not asked, never gets answered.

This isn't a "first date" situation, they have gone out several times and know one another. They are familiar...

A simple two minute phone call could clear everything up. Maybe even "jump start" a possible good relationship. Maybe he got the wrong message based on a comment she made (while they were out), without a phone call I guess we'll never really know.

One of the biggest lessons one needs to learn is how to get a closure without knowing the reason. Because sometimes in life, no matter how hard you try you will never know why. In this case though, it is very clear.

Happy Lemming
One of the biggest lessons one needs to learn is how to get a closure without knowing the reason. Because sometimes in life, no matter how hard you try you will never know why. In this case though, it is very clear.

Do we know for a fact he wants closure?? Has that been established?? Or are we assuming??

He didn't come out and say he didn't want to see her again, he simply didn't reply to a text. Could the text have failed to make it to his phone?? Could he have missed the text completely, accidentally??

hippychick3

The bottom line is...when a man is interested, he makes it clear he is interested.

With the right man, a woman never has to guess he is interested in her.

I hope that OP continues to not try and chase his interest.

• Like 1

He is being weird. Don't deal with weird. Maybe because I am older I have little patience for this type of weird. He is like a little boy who tugged at your jacket or tapped your shoulder, then when you turn to him, he runs away to hide under a table playing peek a boo. So unattractive and not cute when a grown man acts like a 5 year old.