Me and my girlfriend of 2 years broke up over drugs

I can’t do that quite yet because all of me belongings are at her flat. I’m praying I’ll be out by next weekend.

Can you put them in storage for a few weeks?

• Author
Can you put them in storage for a few weeks?

I've just locked a place down.. looks like a dump, but i can fix it up good and it'll help me focus on that rather than all the self doubt and loneliness that's gonna come..

I'm planning to start packing my stuff in the evening's in the week.. when she's not around. It won't be that hard, she be out socializing. She's not around next weekend either, so i need to have my stuff gone by then.

It's the whole ... please leave the door open, just incase we may change our minds.

• Author
You made the right choice. I hope she sees this as a wakeup call to get her addiction checked out.

I very much doubt it! She refuses to acknowledge that my reason for leaving is due to her drug use. We talked about it all last night and every time I mentioned it .. she’d just tap out. Just glaze over or look at someone/something else.

Also.. unless she dumps her entire group of friends. Which won’t happen.. some of them are horrible drug addicts. Every time I’ve been in there company they’re on cocaine. Every time!

All she kept saying was .. it’s because we’re such different people and your dark mood was dragging my down. Never once would she address the cocaine issue... or even smoking pot everyday. She’s in complete denial. She’s loosing her looks because of it too..

She text me in the early hours; saying maybe the break will do us good and we can be ourselves again for awhile.. and in the future maybe we’ll find our way back to each other!?

“Be ourselves again” reads “take as many drugs as I want - without being nagged”

She’s trying to keep her foot in the door. There’s no way. No way. Once I’ve got my stuff out of there.. I’ll have no further contact.

Well she's right. You are different people and you were never a good match for each other.

I'm on your side but when you think about it, it makes no sense to have a relationship with someone who has to change in order for you to be happy. She has been the same person throughout, a party girl who enjoys frequent drug use. You got involved with her and then decided she has to be somebody different for the sake of your happiness. That was never going to work out.

Take the time you need to grieve and then when you are ready to get into another relationship be sure to choose someone who shares your values and principles. Don't get seriously involved with anyone until you know them and you are prepared to accept them as they are because people don't change for other people.

All she kept saying was .. it’s because we’re such different people and your dark mood was dragging my down. Never once would she address the cocaine issue... or even smoking pot everyday. She’s in complete denial. She’s loosing her looks because of it too..

She text me in the early hours; saying maybe the break will do us good and we can be ourselves again for awhile.. and in the future maybe we’ll find our way back to each other!?

“Be ourselves again” reads “take as many drugs as I want - without being nagged”

She’s trying to keep her foot in the door. There’s no way. No way. Once I’ve got my stuff out of there.. I’ll have no further contact.

Addicts never take responsibility and like to leave a door open in case they get desperate. Sorry this is how it ends, but it's for the best. This isn't a journey anyone else needs to accompany her on.

You need to just not tell her where you're going or anything and block her on the phone and text and email and social media. And don't do anything to her stash because these days you might end up dead. Something different than back in the day is these days that stash may not belong to her yet and if you destroy it, whoever owns it won't get paid and then they'll come after you. Just get out.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 1