Still don't know where he lives after 8 months in relationship

He never lied about it, just was always kinda like "oh you don't wanna see where I live...." (I eventually did but of course never slept there)

lol and so it was for good reason he hid the truth. sometimes people just know when their partner won't like something. it's just a vibe you get.

• Author
What is the twist?

From what you have written, he is hiding something. Does he spend most nights with you?

No, because he has a son so he won't stay overnight.

CantTakeMySmile
No, because he has a son so he won't stay overnight.

so you were dating 8 months and did not spend the night together?

I was in a relationship with someone for 10 months about 4 years ago. I never learned where he lived either. It turned out that he was married and I was The Other Woman. I would say if he has an issue bringing you where he lives, he is not being completely honest with you about something. May not necessarily be another woman but definitely not okay.

• Like 1
There's another twist to this...

I'm of the belief that it doesn't matter why he's doing this, it's the "what" that's important. Simply put, failure to make you part of his life after dating that long is a dealkiller. Whether he's a secret agent or male exotic dancer, he's chosen to shut you out.

As I'd guess you already know, time to move on...

Mr. Lucky

All I can say is I would have been gone after 8 weeks of not knowing. Why did you put up with this for 8 months?

Something is definitely shady. Since you met his family, maybe it wasn't a spouse / GF but it was still problematic & a good reason to break up.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
PinkPampies

Have you asked him why he never picks up the phone at night?

Most people in relationships want to share parts of their life... their home, their job, ideas, aspirations, goals, Hobbies etc

The fact that he refused to show you where he lives is your answer. And not answering his phone. And no pictures.

He obviously has something to hide. And it ain’t good. Sorry, but he’s definitely attached. Believing otherwise is foolish. He wasn’t even willing to make concesssions so he doesn’t lose you. And thinks you’re disposable. That’s not how you deserve to be treated.