Do you ever miss the beginning of your relationship?

If it's romance and honeymoon feelings that you're after, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that having a child will help with that, especially not in the first year! In fact, generally couples report a significant dip in romance when they have young children. This isn't to say it isn't worth it or that you shouldn't have kids, just something to be aware of.

True enough...and that's if you have kids who have no issues. When you have special needs kids, it turns your future plans on their head...not always in a bad way, but it sure does make a difference.:laugh:

Sounds like you're close to having a mid-life crisis! lol

If you feel your "best years" are already behind you - that's NOT a good sign. It's what causes people to have affairs and take massive and stupid risks. I think you're bored so that's why you're on here reminiscing the past.

You have never really "dated" anyone else beside your wife. This may cause you to miss the beginning of a relationship. Most people have a few relationships before they settle down or find the right one. If you have only had one - you may feel you haven't experienced enough.

I think you need to talk to your wife about what you're feeling. That you want to try to get that "passionately in love" feeling bad. And it can be done. Clearly there were things she did and said in the beginning that she can replicate. But it requires her to put in some effort now - and for you to do the same.

I think it's worth doing or else you may slip further and further into boredom and resentment.