Should I forget about this guy?

daisy pooh

• Author
Ugh. He sounds like somebody I (unfortunately) know.

Sorry you had to meet someone like that too. Honestly, I even now remembered he told his friends about me before I even knew if I was going to go out with him again. I don't get men, maybe I just run into the wrong ones, maybe there is a game to be played, but I just don't get them.

Sorry you had to meet someone like that too. Honestly, I even now remembered he told his friends about me before I even knew if I was going to go out with him again. I don't get men, maybe I just run into the wrong ones, maybe there is a game to be played, but I just don't get them.

Sounds like you’ve just had a bad run. There are a lot of broken people around, but they won’t all play silly games or be so turbulent. And thankfully the behaviour surfaced from the beginning with this one. Makes me wonder what he would be like in a long term relationship, seems like a massive over thinker.

• Author
Sounds like you’ve just had a bad run. There are a lot of broken people around, but they won’t all play silly games or be so turbulent. And thankfully the behaviour surfaced from the beginning with this one. Makes me wonder what he would be like in a long term relationship, seems like a massive over thinker.

I feel like all I run into are men with severe issues, and I know this may sound like I have issues too, I just don't know what I am doing wrong and it is becoming frustrating...

I feel like all I run into are men with severe issues, and I know this may sound like I have issues too, I just don't know what I am doing wrong and it is becoming frustrating...

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. You say that it had only been going on for a couple weeks. If you're extracting yourself from this guy now, you're doing a lot of things right.

When you first meet someone, especially online, you're only seeing the "best" version of that person. Its the version that they want you to see. You don't get a sheet of insecurities and faults...unless you can read between the lines. You liked what you saw, and began the process of getting to know him better. As you did, you found out you didn't like it.

You say that everyone was telling you to not sleep with the guy but you decided to do it anyway. I'm not someone who's going to tell you not sleep around and have fun; that would be the pot calling the kettle black, and the pot likes sex. But perhaps go back and look at why they were saying that. What signs were they seeing that you weren't? study the game tapes. Reflect back on red flags you missed or ignored. This way, you'll see things coming even quicker.

Remember, all relationships but the last one are bound to fail. The best batters in baseball don't hit most of the pitches thrown at them; you're going to swing and miss time to time.

• Like 1
  • Author
I doubt you're doing anything wrong. You say that it had only been going on for a couple weeks. If you're extracting yourself from this guy now, you're doing a lot of things right.

When you first meet someone, especially online, you're only seeing the "best" version of that person. Its the version that they want you to see. You don't get a sheet of insecurities and faults...unless you can read between the lines. You liked what you saw, and began the process of getting to know him better. As you did, you found out you didn't like it.

You say that everyone was telling you to not sleep with the guy but you decided to do it anyway. I'm not someone who's going to tell you not sleep around and have fun; that would be the pot calling the kettle black, and the pot likes sex. But perhaps go back and look at why they were saying that. What signs were they seeing that you weren't? study the game tapes. Reflect back on red flags you missed or ignored. This way, you'll see things coming even quicker.

Remember, all relationships but the last one are bound to fail. The best batters in baseball don't hit most of the pitches thrown at them; you're going to swing and miss time to time.

Thanks for your comment. Ironically, I am actually really careful about having sex, I have had only two partners before him and they were both my actual boyfriends. I just felt like we could have fun and he wouldn't be as shallow as to ditch me the second he gets it, and while sex does imply further intimacy, at least the way I had it, he consistently perpetuated the couple things, not me. I was actually feeling a bit claustrophobic at times. But I did like him. And he hurt my feelings a lot.