It doesn't matter.

newlywedder
I'll keep that in mind and look into that.

As far as the actual work goes, I'm just curious, what do you actually spend most of the time working on, as a programmer? I'm more just trying to get a sense of what a programmer actually does on a day-to-day basis. Like, in my research, I've seen freelance programmers talk about how they'll take on some project for a client, then once they finish that, they look for another client with a project, etc. But if you just work for a single company as a programmer, what are you actually doing all day?

I been doing a website the past year and a half. I add more pages to it as needed. Yes, that is how it usually goes with projects for different clients. I been contracting the past 2 years.

If you work for a company, which I have, you do different projects for them. This could be a user interface, website, or other application. I use HTML and CSS to build the front end, then use JavaScript to make it interactive.

I'm a front end developer/designer so don't do anything with the back end. Back end languages are C# .NET, ASP.NET, Python, C++, etc.

Now days, I don't have to look for work. I get called by recruiters 10+ a day for different contracting gigs or full time work. I can pick and choose which I want to pursue. There is huge demand for front end development in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JavaScript frameworks like React and Angular. If you know React and Angular, which I do, then recruiters blow up your phone.

Edited by newlywedder