I don’t know what I’m looking for?

Cookiesandough

How can relationships be fun? What’s the funniest part of a relationship? That’s not rhetoric. I genuinely want to know what are fun relationships you had and what made them more fun than being single

You didn’t ask me but I’ll still answer if that’s ok.

I would say that the fun part is having someone on your wavelength, a companion. For us it’s for example fun to take the dog and just drive to countryside for no reason, eat somewhere on the road, go to a hiking trail or a small town just to see what’s there. It’s not the same alone because the fun part is the process itself, not getting to a specific place.

There is an intimate space where I can be goofy, we have some silly inside jokes, like some stupid dance moves or word play etc that would probably be completely ridiculous to anyone “outside”. I wouldn’t be caught dead doing all these things in front of other people :D

I am a huge introvert but I think the intimacy of a warm safe relationship is actually a great “venue” for an introvert to flourish. I missed that when I was single (and I have been single for a large part of my life).

I get the feeling that you see relationships as a need to put on an act and to appear a certain way and this seems exhausting. In fact it would be exhausting. But in a good relationship you should be able to be yourself and enjoy it.

Edited by bene
  • Like 3