Standards of physical attraction vs 'out of your league'

lt all goes both ways. And she's left standing there wondering why he didn't go for the idea.

Everything , they all do what they accuse the other of or there's the male female version of it in there somewhere, right through with anything and everything , always.

Even around LS , anything you read , there'll be the opposite equivalent somewhere somehow.

What goes around comes around male female no difference it's all in there.

I've just got to say I looked up Lori Greiner, and she has blond mermaid hair, a perfect body with big fake boobs and is in no way unnattractive, plus she's a successful enterpreneur, well out of a lot of people's league.

• Like 2
Anyone who wants a real-life demonstration about leagues when it comes to dating should have an ugly or even average looking guy ask out a bunch of model type ladies. You will learn all about leagues really quick. I think this is why, overall, men are more accepting of this concept than women are. We are often taught this lesson at an early age.

[...]

The is a problem with that approach, though. I normally don't date "model types", in fact even typing that makes me chuckles. However, I had one model type who was genuinely interested in me. Should I have passed on the opportunity because she was out of my league?

I was once at an event where a TV-actress showed up unexpectedly. Nobody famous, just somebody with minor roles on TV. But compared to the average Joe she was gorgeous. A lot of guys tried to pick her up, often not in a very flattering way. (One of them complaining for weeks afterwards that she didn't give him her real number.) But very few guys talked to her like a real person. At the end they didn't even give it a real try, even though she was actually quite approachable.

• Like 2
Cookiesandough
Anyone who wants a real-life demonstration about leagues when it comes to dating should have an ugly or even average looking guy ask out a bunch of model type ladies. You will learn all about leagues really quick. I think this is why, overall, men are more accepting of this concept than women are. We are often taught this lesson at an early age.

This isn't to say that I suggest men be afraid to talk to or approach exceedingly attractive women. I just don't think they should be surprised when they keep getting shot down.

yea there are exceptions but it's by no stroke of luck most of us are in the "gray area" I was going to say: a social experiment can prove leagues pretty quickly if you use extremes. I can post 2 pics here of two very different looking men and I think everyone could guess quite easily which of them was having more luck on tinder all things/profile equal and the results would back it up. It's just like any other sphere of life. Shallow, but why would it be any different.

• Like 1

This isn't to say that I suggest men be afraid to talk to or approach exceedingly attractive women. I just don't think they should be surprised when they keep getting shot down.

I agree. It is all about what you bring to the table.

When a "10" woman walks up to the table she knows

what she is worth. It is normal to want the same in kind

to be offered from the other side of the table.

Nothing about a "10" woman being shallow. They want a good

deal. They want the best deal that they can get. Everyone

wants that.

In my life I have seen when you are average, a "5", and you

approach an "8 - 10". Even before you can get out the first

word they signal you that do not even ask me what time

it is.

If you ignore that and start a simple conversation opener,

they are quick to show their displeasure and give a closed

end response that makes you appear to be a stalker if you

try to continue the conversation.

No offense taken because I know there are some women that

I would not want to date so I accept that there are women that

will not want to date me.

• Like 1
I've just got to say I looked up Lori Greiner, and she has blond mermaid hair, a perfect body with big fake boobs and is in no way unnattractive, plus she's a successful enterpreneur, well out of a lot of people's league.

You have the photos to prove that?

Want to share them?

• Like 1

I grew up in an era virtually fake-boob-free, and I know the difference. If they're huge but the rest of the person isn't, they're fake. And nearly everyone who is high profile and marketing through media has fake ones.

• Like 1
I grew up in an era virtually fake-boob-free, and I know the difference. If they're huge but the rest of the person isn't, they're fake. And nearly everyone who is high profile and marketing through media has fake ones.

My wife needs a marketing job. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author

LOL As fun as this is, as the OP I'd appreciate it if the 'discussion' about whether Lori Greiner or any other high-profile woman has real or fake boobs be spun off to another thread.

FWIW (and for PURELY scientific reasons of course) I just took another look. I can't tell and don't care. Carry on :D

• Like 3

Once l had a famous and very rich tennis player come talk to me and l think flirt a bit and drop some hints.

She's a gorgeous gal too but the only thing l could think about was the person standing right in front of me was stinkin rich beyond my comprehension.

l mean how does a person be when they are so rich, yaknow. Can they even be human , all sorts of things goin through my head .

She was really nice , just like anyone on the street, couldn't believe how normal and down to earth she was.

Nope , l didn't go out with her.

CautiouslyOptimistic

Very true. One telltale sign is the lack of armpit fat! If they are super skinny and have that caved in armpit with no "fat" there, the boobs are definitely artificial. Real large boobs have breast tissue that extends all the way around to under the armpits. I'm always envious of this skinny armpit look :lmao:. I will never achieve it.

• Like 1

This lori greiner?

https://www.google.com/search?q=lori+greiner+pics&client=firefox-b-1-ab&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib7uz594nZAhWlo1kKHSj8D3wQsAQIJg&biw=1536&bih=727&dpr=1.25

Fake hair, fake face (washes off,) fake boobs...everything about this woman is fake. Her bank account may be as well.

It's funny how easily men are given a stiffy. I am so glad that my fiancee loves me 100% real, genuine hard copy.

I'm not sure what happens when you guys wake up in the morning..:eek:

Lori is high maintenance...do not have any difficulty with this type of woman. She needs lots of time in the bathroom and the doctor's office. ;)

Cookiesandough

lol@ armpit fat. I'm guessing it's fat from your boobs at the side of your armpit when you wear a tight tube top that spills over, not actually inside it. Though that's cool too.

I believe I said the Clooney thing. It may be E-standards or it may just be because he looks very much like my dad. He's still a good looking guy.

I wish people wouldn't dwell on appearance or more importantly tear each other down/pick each other apart about it. Yes, it's the way things are, it will never change, especially towards 'celebrities', but I wish it weren't so. It's kind of pointless negativity.

Edited by Cookiesandough
CautiouslyOptimistic
lol@ armpit fat. I'm guessing it's fat at the side of your armpit when you wear a tube top that spills over.

I believe I said the Clooney thing. It may be E-standards or it may just be because he looks very much like my dad. He's still a good looking guy.

Is your dad single? :p

Natural breasts/armpit fat: https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5669b4d1c70e5cef14684cee/master/pass/s-rachel-bloom-golden-globe-nomination.jpg

Fake breasts/no armpit fat: http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Farrah_Abraham_boob_job2.jpg

(Also, hilarious and talented actress and waste of space on earth who needs to just go away, but that's not the point of this post ;) )

• Like 1
A recent discussion of intimidation of men by successful women got off on a bit of a 'tangent'. I'm at least partially to blame. Here's my recent post:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/general/general-relationship-discussion/651077-most-men-intimidated-successful-women-true-myth-6.html#post7528047

I'm starting a new thread because I'm going off topic of the other thread AND it struck me that this sheds some light on other threads. Specifically a couple of the other guys were stating opinions that celebrity inventor Lori Greiner is somehow 'not pretty'. My initial reaction to that was that she is as pretty as the women I date. After thinking it over, no, she is a bit PRETTIER than any woman (or girl in my youth) I EVER dated.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I also have read threads here at LS where men complain they can't get dates with women who are attractive 'enough' for them. And sometimes they get a response along the lines of 'you can't get dates because you're trying to date out of your league' i.e. date women who are so attractive that they would not be attracted to the complainers. I wonder if believing that a woman who looks like Ms Greiner is not pretty sheds like on the 'reasonableness' of some of the standards men have for a woman's physical appeal.

FWIW while I don't feel Ms Greiner is out of MY league, I wouldn't ask her out purely because of her relative youth. But I also couldn't fault her if SHE thought she was out of my league.

lol@ armpit fat. I'm guessing it's fat at the side of your armpit when you wear a tube top that spills over. I am thin and small C cup bust (wish I had big ones) and I still get ''armpit cleavage' /fat spilling over if a top is too tight xD Anyone without it must be some kindof alien. But I don't know about fat actually inside the armpit? That's cool too though.

I believe I said the Clooney thing. It may be E-standards or it may just be because he looks very much like my dad. He's still a good looking guy. IMO, Lori G may even be prettier without all the makeup and probably as a brunette, but that's just my taste. Nevertheless, she's a very attractive woman. I wish people wouldn't dwell on appearance or more importantly tear each other down/pick each other apart about it. Yes, it's the way things are, it will never change, especially towards 'celebrities', but I wish it weren't so. It's kind of pointless negativity.

I think Clooney is hot as heck, I've never said otherwise but if he walked up to me and asked me out, I'd decline. One of the things that makes George Clooney attractive is that he would not do that. He is attractive in part because he doesn't come off as a man who would betray his wife.

Lori G is a beautiful woman, most women are. Imagine men putting on foundation, mascara to make their eyes look bigger, going under the knife so that their pecs were perfect. What would they even put there? Two steel plates?

There isn't negativity Cookies, the irony isn't lost on me but yes, there are people for every person.....even if they take a ridiculously long time putting them self together.

thefooloftheyear

It's just amazing to see the women hate on other women who look good...Heck, it's no different than a lot of guys that think any guy with a great physique spends all his time in a gym and takes PED's...:rolleyes:

To think I am the one that started all this mess with Lori G..:laugh: .Never once did I say that she was the best looking woman to ever walk the planet...She's 50, looks good to me(far better than most women her age, I don't care what they do), not to mention that she built a 50 million dollar empire..Think it's easy to take care of yourself when you have that burden on your back?? Most women her age can't get out of their own way and despite not working or doing a 9-5..

Oh, one more thing...The thought that any woman with large breasts that doesn't weigh 200 lbs, must be 'enhanced" is ridiculous...>They are out there...Rare? Sure...But they do exist...I know several...;)

TFY

• Like 2
Once l had a famous and very rich tennis player come talk to me and l think flirt a bit and drop some hints.

She's a gorgeous gal too but the only thing l could think about was the person standing right in front of me was stinkin rich beyond my comprehension.

l mean how does a person be when they are so rich, yaknow. Can they even be human , all sorts of things goin through my head .

She was really nice , just like anyone on the street, couldn't believe how normal and down to earth she was.

Nope , l didn't go out with her.

[]

If I was young and it is to late for that, and single, glad I am

not, and a rich "10" was dropping hints. Forget about it.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Topical content
It's just amazing to see the women hate on other women who look good...Heck, it's no different than a lot of guys that think any guy with a great physique spends all his time in a gym and takes PED's...:rolleyes:

To think I am the one that started all this mess with Lori G..:laugh: .Never once did I say that she was the best looking woman to ever walk the planet...She's 50, looks good to me(far better than most women her age, I don't care what they do), not to mention that she built a 50 million dollar empire..Think it's easy to take care of yourself when you have that burden on your back?? Most women her age can't get out of their own way and despite not working or doing a 9-5..

Oh, one more thing...The thought that any woman with large breasts that doesn't weigh 200 lbs, must be 'enhanced" is ridiculous...>They are out there...Rare? Sure...But they do exist...I know several...;)

TFY

Yeppaa, the good old double standards continue on their merry way, big surprise haha not, while they puff and pant through every second movie or show about someone or nother and throwing panties at rock stars.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1
Ruby Slippers

I don't know who Lori Greiner is, so I googled her. I can see why she's not described as conventionally the prettiest woman. Yes, she's reasonably fit, trim, and heavily styled. But her face doesn't quite fit the ideal for female beauty, which is relatively small face, small chin, small sculpted nose, big eyes, and big lips - basically, the baby doll look. Lori has a longer face, bigger chin, bigger nose, and not relatively big eyes. I'm not hatin' on Lori, just stating facts.

Men around the globe tend to agree on what a female 10, 8, 6, etc. is. Among men, beauty isn't so much "in the eye of the beholder". There's more variation among women's opinions, but generally women agree upon what tier men fall into - upper, mid, and lower. Also, interesting data that's come out of internet dating shows that men tend to rate women on a more linear scale, with an fairly even distribution, most women being around average, and increasingly few being at either extreme of the spectrum. Women, on the other hand, rate very few men as 9-10, a few 6-8, and most 5 and below - even though logically this can't be true.

I've found that pairings depend heavily on the dating pool locally. When I lived up North where there were more single women than men, women were usually the better-looking in pairings and it was tougher to attract better-looking guys. Now that I'm back in the South, where single men outnumber women, it almost blows me away how much better-looking the man is in the typical couple. It's very common to see a pretty hot, tall, manly, well-dressed guy with an overweight woman of average appearance at best in dumpy clothes and flip flops. Since I'm in good shape and make some effort with my style, I turn heads here often and it's pretty easy for me to attract good-looking guys to date. This doesn't make it any easier to find the right match, but it's definitely easier to find good-looking men to date.

thefooloftheyear
I don't know who Lori Greiner is, so I googled her. I can see why she's not described as conventionally the prettiest woman. Yes, she's reasonably fit, trim, and heavily styled. But her face doesn't quite fit the ideal for female beauty, which is relatively small face, small chin, small sculpted nose, big eyes, and big lips - basically, the baby doll look. Lori has a longer face, bigger chin, bigger nose, and not relatively big eyes. I'm not hatin' on Lori, just stating facts.

Men around the globe tend to agree on what a female 10, 8, 6, etc. is. Among men, beauty isn't so much "in the eye of the beholder". There's more variation among women's opinions, but generally women agree upon what tier men fall into - upper, mid, and lower. Also, interesting data that's come out of internet dating shows that men tend to rate women on a more linear scale, with an fairly even distribution, most women being around average, and increasingly few being at either extreme of the spectrum. Women, on the other hand, rate very few men as 9-10, a few 6-8, and most 5 and below - even though logically this can't be true.

I've found that pairings depend heavily on the dating pool locally. When I lived up North where there were more single women than men, women were usually the better-looking in pairings and it was tougher to attract better-looking guys. Now that I'm back in the South, where single men outnumber women, it almost blows me away how much better-looking the man is in the typical couple. It's very common to see a pretty hot, tall, manly, well-dressed guy with an overweight woman of average appearance at best in dumpy clothes and flip flops. Since I'm in good shape and make some effort with my style, I turn heads here often and it's pretty easy for me to attract good-looking guys to date. This doesn't make it any easier to find the right match, but it's definitely easier to find good-looking men to date.

How many women do you really think fit the "ideal of beauty" especially at 50?

TFY

littleblackheart

It's difficult to decide whether the lady in question is attractive based on a google picture, but she looks as fine as many other 50yo who don't have her money or fame, at least where I live and where I come from.

You'd hope that past a certain age, how someone looks isn't the main criterion for selecting a long-term partner, though.

How many women do you really think fit the "ideal of beauty" especially at 50?

TFY

When I was young there were no milfs for most middle aged

women suffered from the disease known as the Middle Age Spread.

They also would start dressing fuddy duddy.

Today's women at 60 are hitting the gyms. Staying fit and toned.

Dressing to be attractive.

It's difficult to decide whether the lady in question is attractive based on a google picture, but she looks as fine as many other 50yo who don't have her money or fame, at least where I live and where I come from.

You'd hope that past a certain age, how someone looks isn't the main criterion for selecting a long-term partner, though.

Easy to tell that Lori G is attractive from her pictures.

If you would not marry a women that you was not attractive

enough to you to date when you were both 21.

Why would you date her now that you both are 61?

News Flash: She has not gotten better looking after 40 years.

Just same but with the effects of age.

littleblackheart
Easy to tell that Lori G is attractive from her pictures.

If you would not marry a women that you was not attractive

enough to you to date when you were both 21.

Why would you date her now that you both are 61?

News Flash: She has not gotten better looking after 40 years.

Just same but with the effects of age.

All I was saying is that I am personally finding it difficult to judge someone's level of attractiveness by a photo. I'm not really visual and I would need to see them in the flesh, and also spend some time with them, to decide whether I find them physically attractive. I doubt I'm the only one. Even men feel the same way.

Clearly, physical attraction works differently for everyone. On first impressions though, there are many 50+ women where I come from and where I live whom I would consider just as attractive objectively. My campus is filled with attractive 50yo women.

Edited by littleblackheart