He did a 180 and left? Why?

This is killing me. I keep replaying the things he said to me during the breakup and dinner. His reasonings were obviously a lie. I don't understand why he wanted that dinner to tell me the same things after I asked him to his face if that was truly the reason. He then told me that he did mean all those promises of a future etc etc but when it came down to it he couldn't go through with it. He also said he had no interest in dating anyone for awhile. So when I see he got together with someone else like three weeks later it really hurt. I feel so confused. I regretfully went and stalked her fb lol btw I stopped doing that. But when I did go there I saw she changed her profile photo to them already and the comments were talking about how he was with her family for New Years. Like he did that to me, he met my family within two weeks of dating each other. I keep wondering like is he doing the same bs he did to me to her? Did I heal him from his divorce and is serious about her? Why did he lie to me like that? They seem to be moving fast too idk. Why the constant being in a relationship? Did he learn anything or is he just full of it

His reasonings are all a lie, stop replaying it. There is no use, he did not mean anything he said if he did he would still be around. He is doing the exact same thing that he did with you, he is a player. He most likely is not serious about her, maybe he is either way it is no reflection on you and your worth. He is full of it, he wants someone to fill the space of his ex wife, he got bored once he hooked you and he is now moving on to the next thing until he gets bored of that. It is a classic move. He is not staying up playing things in his mind about you, stop renting the space in your head with thoughts of him. He is not worth it. What is the point? Other than to make you miserable? Would you want someone like this anyhow? I know its hard not to reanalyze everything believe me I know, I still do it as well, but like I said it is pointless, you have to try and move past it. Every time he gets into your mind focus on something else. Just tell yourself that it was all a lie, over and over again. Smash the fantasy smash the could have should have stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
He met my family after about two weeks into dating, he wanted to. He told me he loved me 3-4 weeks into dating. After a couple of months he was telling me he wanted to marry me, have a future with me, have kids with me.

This is all I needed to read to know that something wasn't right with this guy, and it's a real shame you didn't realize it as well. How old are you may I ask? I pray you're both teens.

This is a classic case of Rebounding 101, and although you should have noticed these huge red flags, I will sympathize with you in that this is a pretty extreme case. The dinner was nothing more than damage control.

• Author
This is all I needed to read to know that something wasn't right with this guy, and it's a real shame you didn't realize it as well. How old are you may I ask? I pray you're both teens.

This is a classic case of Rebounding 101, and although you should have noticed these huge red flags, I will sympathize with you in that this is a pretty extreme case. The dinner was nothing more than damage control.

Oh yeah I should have seen the red flags. I messed up and fell for it all! Have you seen this kind of behavior before? Going from relationship to relationship after a divorce?

He also I learned lied about moving. He isn’t.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone is interested in this update but I learned today that they broke up already.

It would be in your best interest, and more importantly for your healing to refrain from receiving and finding information about him. You can’t move forward if you keep looking back and based on your other thread, you need to implement some level of discipline and effort if you want to truly move on from this man. His journey has nothing to do with you anymore. Focus on yours and what’s ahead of you.

• Like 2
  • Author
It would be in your best interest, and more importantly for your healing to refrain from receiving and finding information about him. You can’t move forward if you keep looking back and based on your other thread, you need to implement some level of discipline and effort if you want to truly move on from this man. His journey has nothing to do with you anymore. Focus on yours and what’s ahead of you.

You are right Zahara! I’ve been re reading what you said quite a few times on the other thread. I hope to get there soon. Thank you for your continued advice I really appreciate it!

• Like 1
You are right Zahara! I’ve been re reading what you said quite a few times on the other thread. I hope to get there soon. Thank you for your continued advice I really appreciate it!

You’re very welcome :)

Your path to healing and moving on is going to only create positive opportunities for you to grow and learn. You’ve received a gift in that you exited a situation that could have been really detrimental to you in the long run. Embrace the blessing, find the good in it. Breathe that sigh of relief — you dodged a bullet!

One day you’ll find yourself in a healthier mindset, feeling optimistic about life and love again but your ex will likely be drowning in the same sad state of dysfunction.

You’ll get there. Focus ahead. I can guarantee you will look back one day and say to yourself, “What the heck was I thinking!”