Easy 1 week diet plan?

• Author
CautiouslyOptimistic
One thing to always consider.....

Many people go on diets, but may not realize that what made them gain the weight in the first place may not have been food related...

I don't know what type of health plan you have, but I strongly advise a blood workup to be sure that you don't have some condition(hypothyroidism/Hashimoto, etc), that may be the real culprit...If not addressed, then you likely won't have any success or the type of diet will need to be so restrictive that it will be impossible to sustain..And those types of diets can wreak havoc on other physiological functions...Hair, nail and skin ailments/conditions, menstrual issues, etc..

It's worth your time and effort to get this done..especially if its been a while since your last workup...

Good luck....:)

TFY

I am way overdue. I have no health insurance so it's a sacrifice to get this done, but I know I need to :(.

• Author
CautiouslyOptimistic
I've always found that when I cut down on white bread and similar carbs, it makes a big difference. Emphasis on vegetables, fruits, lean proteins + a decent level of activity and you can't go wrong.

I'm also a big fan of green juice. My favorite blend is 20 calories a cup and makes me feel amazing.

I don't eat white bread, but bread at ALL if necessary for me if I want to lose anything. I just can't eat it. If I drop ALl bread and carbs and drink no alcohol, I'll drop weight very quickly. It's just the mindset I have to get into that I hate.....basically I have to deprive myself of everything I like in order to maintain a normal weight and it feels so unfair. (stomping my feet like a two year old)

But seriously, I've lost weight in the past, but I have to eat almost nothing to do it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

If you are becoming bulky muscular its because you are over on your calories, NOT the exercise you are doing. I know this as a personal trainer. Even women who lift weights can be slim ... as long as they exercise with INTENSITY.

Best of luck :)

Basically you can lose weight on any diet. I used to eat a huge oatmeal breakfast, have a bunch of calorie-rich croissants inbetween, then have 2 large Whopper meals at Burger King, have several large pretzels in the afternoon, and a XXL pizza in the evening, plus a few beers.

My weight was 150 pounds at 5'9 and I was shredded. The reason I ate this kind of food and why I was shredded was because I worked as a bike messenger 10 hours/day.

At other times, I ate completely "clean", meaning healthy, and was overweight because I didn't exercise and ate too much. It just shows, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't eat more than you burn.

There are a million fad diets and everyone claims he has the holy grail to weight loss and perfect health but my experience as a life long athlete is that calories DO matter.

I would recommend to decrease the amount you eat by roughly 15-20%. Not enough to starve yourself but enough to lose weight over time.

Personally I would always recommend a healthy diet but for health reasons and not to lose weight. The best diet is the one you stick to.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Hey CautiouslyOptimistic...

Just wanted to touch base and see how the diet is going.

Personally, I hit my goal weight on Monday, actually a pound under my goal weight. I've lost 26 pounds total. I'm not bragging, just wanted to let you know that your goal is attainable, slow and steady wins the race.

I actually thought it was going to be harder, but once I got into my routine of walking early in the morning (5:30am), every morning; the weight came off in a rather predictable fashion. I may try to lose a bit more, but am happy that I am at the weight my doctor wants me to be.

Hope your new diet/exercise program is going well.

Words of encouragement... You can do it!!