When you are dating someone exclusively...

Eternal Sunshine

You have to watch out for the ones that give you way too much detail too....those people are usually liars. They give you so much detail as to make their lie convincing/believable.

Secretive means they are doing something they shouldn't be doing.....

I recently had an experience with one of these. We weren't even exclusive but she would give me elaborate details of what she did that night; names of friends, what they did, etc. Seemed very odd to give out so much information, like she was covering. Basically the inverse of OP's problem is not always the best, either.

• Like 1

OP you are dating the wrong person. Most, like myself step back from any one on one meeting or daily communications with other men when I saw a relationship going in a serious direction. I find it an appropriate thing to do. You simply adjust your interactions....is it really that hard? no. Obviously your BF has a different point of view about it. So it comes down to incompatibility. His interaction could be innocent. He hides it because no matter whether he tells you or not, makes you uncomfortable. You feel the way you feel. Move on and find someone who feels the same way you do.

Ruby Slippers
He told me that he "can't win".

Not when he treats a potential girlfriend like this, no, he can't. That comment would be enough for me to move on. No good guy worth being with is going to fling this tortured teenager crap at a woman.

I am not happy when he doesn't tell me what he is doing, I am not happy when he tells the truth. He made it out to be my problem, was pissed off, I apologized and he still spent the entire day with the female friend like planned. :sick:

If you're not happy with the guy, what's the point?

You said this is someone you dated previously, right? Why did you stop dating him the first time? Looks like your intuition was right all along.

Guys never treated me like this when I was younger.

I don't think it has anything to do with age. Yes, you'll be less of a hot commodity in general as you age, but at any age, most women will find some men who are excited to date them and treat them well.

In all my years of dating, I've never found myself involved with a guy who tried to pull this kind of crap. And if he had, I'd have dropped him like a hot potato.

If there's any sign of another chick in the picture, I'm out - and I date men who feel the same way about other men hanging around.

I understand that you're trying to make it work with somebody, lower your expectations, etc., but I think we both know a guy like this is NEVER gonna cut it for you. I suggest you spare yourself the stress and heartache.