Most men are intimidated by successful women ? True or Myth??

somanymistakes
As a man I never considered that a woman had to have a

high paying career for her to be wife material.

Though through forums I have seen countless high income

earning women that will not date a man that makes $50,000

a year in a low status job.

Many women demand to have the glass ceilings removed for them

yet they will not accept a man that makes less then them.

Their DNA still makes them want a provider. Their brain says

I make a 6 figure income I don't need to support a man.

So they will stay single till they find Mr Big Income.

I'm sure you've seen women who are like that.

I also see plenty of women with stay-at-home partners, or much lower-paid partners.

I could make up stories that their DNA makes them want to nurture and drives them to take on these 'weaker' males, but I'd really just be making up stories.

As are you.

• Like 2

One facet that hasn't been discussed is power in the relationships. Some men aren't necessarily intimidated by a high earning wife, but they'd rather be the ones with the money because the one with the money gets to have more power in the relationship. Or at least they'd think that.

A woman who can't make it on her own will be more dependent on such a man, less likely to leave and more likely to go along with his decisions. Again, in general.

I don't think women, in general, are turned off if the guy makes less money than them, but they are turned off if he lacks ambition and direction in life, doesn't work at all, and is essentially not contributing to the family in some shape or form. So the example of the guy drifting from job to job..I don't think anyone wants such a partner, and I doubt that the guy is actually doing all the cooking ,all the cleaning and child rearing to contribute in some other way.

• Like 3
As a man I never considered that a woman had to have a

high paying career for her to be wife material.

Though through forums I have seen countless high income

earning women that will not date a man that makes $50,000

a year in a low status job.

Many women demand to have the glass ceilings removed for them

yet they will not accept a man that makes less then them.

Their DNA still makes them want a provider. Their brain says

I make a 6 figure income I don't need to support a man.

So they will stay single till they find Mr Big Income.

It's a deflection. It's easier to say men are intimidated by my success than it is to say I won't date a man without a PHD and a six figure salary.

• Like 3

One of the things I’ll never need to worry about ha, but I was having drinks with some acquaintances last night. One is a 34 yo PhD Spanish linguistics professor single for years. She is a really cute youth ful girl with a sweet personality. She’s down to earth with no aggressive or higher-than-thou personality at all.

There are many that will want a cute, young, sweet, without

a stable job. Just because she is young, sweet and cute.

It is easy to say that she is not wanted because she has a PHD and

white collar career.

Her education and career do not make her less cute, young,

or sweet.

You also see her through the eyes of woman and as a friend

of hers. I think this impairs your vision and makes you unable to

see what there is about her that is a deal breaker when it comes

to men not wanting to date her.

How is her social skills with men?

How well can she flirt?

How well can she always be a woman first?

For being a PHD, career as college professor, good income

are things to be on the job. These things are not to be who

she is when she is off the job. And are not things that make

a man want to date a woman. Just because these things

that she is are a bonus when added to a relationship. They

do not make a man want to date a woman.

I never heard a man say I am in love because she has such

a smart brain, do you know she has a PHD.

What do men have to say about the brains of a woman that

he wants to date? the only thing he will say about her brains

is: he wants to F*@k her brains out.

I say easy to claim that she intimidates men when in reality

she as a person does not bring to the table what men want.

Edited by road
  • Like 3

My fiancee has a PhD and an endowed professorship. She used to have a high powered managerial position at a large multinational corporation. She's involved in all sorts of chamber of commerce activities. Recieved emerging leader of the year award, etc. Etc. Sometimes we go to black tie events. I am comfortable enough at these types of things but I see how it could easily be intimidating to some men.

I only have a bachelors degree but it's from one of the world's most prestigious universities and my business title sounds good. So I guess I passed her minimum hurdle. We both make comfortable six figure incomes, own real estate and investments etc.

Most of the friction we have had in our relationship has stemmed from what I consider her unilateralism. She is so used to being the person who wears the pants in the relationship that she sometimes doesn't think to consider what I might want in decisions that affect us both. She claims to like that I will stand up to her on these things. Except when I am actually doing it. Lol.

• Like 5

Can you give examples of some of these decisions?

My fiancee has a PhD and an endowed professorship. She used to have a high powered managerial position at a large multinational corporation. She's involved in all sorts of chamber of commerce activities. Recieved emerging leader of the year award, etc. Etc. Sometimes we go to black tie events. I am comfortable enough at these types of things but I see how it could easily be intimidating to some men.

I only have a bachelors degree but it's from one of the world's most prestigious universities and my business title sounds good. So I guess I passed her minimum hurdle. We both make comfortable six figure incomes, own real estate and investments etc.

Most of the friction we have had in our relationship has stemmed from what I consider her unilateralism. She is so used to being the person who wears the pants in the relationship that she sometimes doesn't think to consider what I might want in decisions that affect us both. She claims to like that I will stand up to her on these things. Except when I am actually doing it. Lol.

• Like 1
Went and did an image search because another poster quoted you. DAMN she's HOT! I'd be too busy trying to get in her pants to be intimidated :love:.

I can't say I share your opinion, she has a very masculine and far from attractive face. Since pretty faces have always been important to me, I haven't and wouldn't have sex with nor date or marry a woman who was aesthetically challenged like that.

• Like 1
A butter girl, what a body but not her face.

Her face is not ugly but it is not pretty.

This is going off topic, but I'll keep in here at least for one or two more exchanges before it 'needs' its own thread (moderator may jump in and take control). For reference for the rest of you, road and I are discussing Lori Greiner, unquestionably a 'successful woman' in the context of the thread.

FWIW I think her face is pretty. She is certainly as pretty as the women I date. As road observed, she has a nice smile, both open and closed-mouthed, and manages to get photographed frequently 'wearing it'. Also pointed chin and high enough cheekbones for the basic 'heart shaped' facial bone structure. Yes, she has a bit of a Sarah Jessica Parker vibe. But not to the same extent as SJP herself.

LOL - and 5x5 chimed in while I was writing my post. We must agree to disagree about the aesthetics of this particular lady.

Edited by nospam99
  • Like 1
kindnessmatters

Any man who is intimidated by a woman who is successful, etc. has an ego problem and that is a red flag. In a relationship, if the woman is successful than her success should be a success for her partner too and vice versa. Any guy that can't handle that would be better off getting a pet. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

I think men can be intimidated by women.

I'm not rich, but i'm successful in my own way. Ive had guys look at me in disgust and also make up things about me. Some men hate it when woman is better than them at something esp at something traditionally male.

Dating only a certain type of man solves most of these problems. In my longest relationship was with a man who was a little effeminate, but he was also abusive.

OP, some of the things making your friend successful may not be what men are looking for in a relationship. She may be smart, driven, and a go getter, but are those things men are searching for in a romantic partner?

• Like 2

Hmm. I mean people in general are intimidated by success. Most people in this world aren't smart and successful, so when people see That? Oh yes you best believe people feel intimidated.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want a woman like that though. I would MUCH rather have a woman who is smarter than me and can put me in my place if needed than a woman who isn't as smart. A lot of guys would prefer a woman dumber than them but that's usually because they want to be the dominating one in the relationship...and well that, to me, isn't healthy. Unless of course that's what the woman wants.

But me personally if my woman isn't intelligent...*cough* LoveShack people *cough*, it isn't going to work.

• Like 2

Some day I hope we will have evolved to the point where we won't have to make special topics about conflicts of interest between the sex of a person and their level of success.

• Like 1