Ignorant and inconsiderate

mortensorchid

Smh, I think you're being too harsh to be honest. Give the guy another chance. This is dating not an interview. I think it makes sense to give him one more shot. Don't be too serious with this whole thing. Regardless of what you're looking for, I think it's good to try to relax.

Smh, I think you're being too harsh to be honest. Give the guy another chance. This is dating not an interview. I think it makes sense to give him one more shot. Don't be too serious with this whole thing. Regardless of what you're looking for, I think it's good to try to relax.

Dating actually is very much like interviewing. It's all about finding the right candidate for a relationship. If I had an interview set up for 9 in the morning and I slept through it, I wouldn't think I could call my interviewer up at noon and say "oh hey, I fell asleep but I can shower and meet with you now if you want" I mean I guess I could try but I'd be truly shocked if it worked. If on the off chance it did work, my impression would be that the company I'm interviewing for doesn't have very high standards and doesn't demand much respect.

Falling asleep is about the worst excuse there is for standing someone up. It hurts to be stood up and if someone will do that on the first date they will do it again and again. I'm all about giving people chances and overlooking small flaws in someone if they are respectful and kind but if there is one thing I've learned in my many years on earth it's that the moment you tolerate hurtful disrespectful behaviour from someone you can expect more of the same from that person. The OP made the right call here.

• Like 2

Smh, I still strongly disagree with this. I applied to work at starbucks a few years ago and got an interview. On the day of the interview, I slept through my alarm. I woke up and was extremely late for the interview. I called the manager of the store and explained that I had slept through my alarm. I asked if I could come in for the interview in an hour or two and she agreed. After a second interview, I got the job.

I worked at a book store a few months back. On my first day of work, I was late. I apologized to my boss and was never late again, not even once.

Like I said, you have decided too quickly in this situation. I honestly think that if you're super hurt by this then you're a little too invested. He didn't stand you up, he just missed the date by accident. One more chance is ok. If you don't want to give him a second chance, then no worries. It's your choice.

And you probably got that job at Starbucks because they were desperate to find someone. In the dating world you never want to be desperate.