EA with friend out of nowhere

I know is seems impossible, but try to focus on all the reasons this is a good thing. During periods of NC (however brief) I was able to recognize that I felt a sense of relief and freedom (along with the pain and heartache) because I knew I was so much better off without him.

Healing will be easier and faster without the constant wounding that an ongoing affair inflicts.

• Like 1
  • Author
ViridianBlue
I know is seems impossible, but try to focus on all the reasons this is a good thing. During periods of NC (however brief) I was able to recognize that I felt a sense of relief and freedom (along with the pain and heartache) because I knew I was so much better off without him.

Healing will be easier and faster without the constant wounding that an ongoing affair inflicts.

There’s already a sense of relief mixed with the heartbreak. I at least know where I stand in the situation. There is no more ups and downs and whats ifs. The worst has happened and that was the fate of the situation.

We were friends and creative colleagues before this, so our being friends ever again is ruined. I find that aspect sad, but this wasnt the first time he hurt me. As friends I had to cut him off once, so maybe he’s just a toxic person and this is all for the best in the long run.