Bought peace with a t-shirt

Happy Lemming

( I also took Clonazepam so it could be that too lol)

My girlfriend takes the same thing (as needed). If something causes her anxiety (for whatever reason) and I see it building in her, I tell her to take one.

We were going on a 3 day "road" trip and she forgot them, (we were only 20 minutes into our journey) I turned the truck around and we went back for the bottle. No way I was spending 3 days with her (on the road) without those little magic pills!!

Happy Lemming
So there is this t-shirt me and my ex both had and his was chewed by our dog (Reese for those following the story). At the time I told him he could wear mine because they are the same size.

This morning he asked if I was still giving him my shirt (...) and my first reaction was to say huh, I never said I was giving it to you so nan-huh!

Then I texted him saying the shirt was his and I hoped we could at least be polite for the next 10 days. Apologies happened. Hoping it sticks until I move out.

Not gonna lie I'm am relieved and feeling much better about the next 10 days.

:bunny:

Good Job on the T-Shirt... Pick your battles.

If a T-shirt keeps the peace, then let him have it.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think two threads got merged...

Three.

Re the tshirt, turns out he had an extra one and told me I could keep mine after all

:rolleyes:

Happy Lemming
Three.

Re the tshirt, turns out he had an extra one and told me I could keep mine after all

:rolleyes:

It still shows maturity on your part, that you were willing to part with something sentimental to keep the peace.

Good Job!!

• Author
It still shows maturity on your part, that you were willing to part with something sentimental to keep the peace.

Good Job!!

Thanks. Tshirt was from our old sports league that just merged. I had a black and a white one so it wasn’t that sentimental...but he seemed to want it.

Now I can only hope he sticks to his word to remain civil or polite until I move out

• Author
My girlfriend takes the same thing (as needed). If something causes her anxiety (for whatever reason) and I see it building in her, I tell her to take one.

We were going on a 3 day "road" trip and she forgot them, (we were only 20 minutes into our journey) I turned the truck around and we went back for the bottle. No way I was spending 3 days with her (on the road) without those little magic pills!!

Magic pills indeed!

Thankfully I don't have an addictive personality so my doctor usually gives me the ok to take them twice a day for a week or two and then taper down to one a day for a week or two in stressful times.

I feel like it's the only way I can survive the next week...

:/