healing light

During different moon cycles, usually the full moon, even healthy people sleep half an hour less on average and have more restless sleep. Rates of crime and hospital admissions go up, etc. The speculation is that the moon exerts a magnetic effect on your brain the same way that it pulls on the tides and affects other processes on earth, though researchers aren't quite sure why. In my very unscientific observations, I've found if I flip in bed so my feet are where my head normally is, I will get back to sleep much more easily during certain lunar phases. I have a neuro disorder so I can easily feel differences in the tension in my head and it seems like changing my orientation in relation to the pull of the moon helps a lot when nothing else works.

It took me about a decade to realize that the moon was affecting my sleep, but once I started tracking it, it was like clockwork. I found that very odd at first. I'm a part of a forum of those who are also mercury poisoned and it seems very common in heavy metal toxic people that their symptoms flare when they spend a lot of time around EMF devices and during the moon cycles, particularly the full moon. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the way the heavy metals are affected by magnetic field changes? This is also true of people with parasites because of the way their breeding patterns coincide with the moon cycles; additionally, women's hormonal patterns tend to be linked with the lunar cycle (I know this is true for me, but some studies show that up to 30% of women have their period during the full moon).

Just something to think about. Sounds crazy--I don't expect anyone to believe it--but try it and you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

I'm very curious about this - can it be just the moon as a light source -

i.e. are you going to get the same effect if you e.g. leave a lamp on?

One thing I've noticed for sure is that my menstrual cycles near perfectly align with the lunar cycle, which makes me think the effects of the moon are not science fiction... Although we don't have a proper scientific proof to my knowledge.

I think the easiest at home measurement to see how lunar cycles align with sleep patterns is to measure changes in heart rate. I'd track this from tomorrow to the next full moon, I'm curious how the base heart rate will fluctuate.

During different moon cycles, usually the full moon, even healthy people sleep half an hour less on average and have more restless sleep. Rates of crime and hospital admissions go up, etc. The speculation is that the moon exerts a magnetic effect on your brain the same way that it pulls on the tides and affects other processes on earth, though researchers aren't quite sure why. In my very unscientific observations, I've found if I flip in bed so my feet are where my head normally is, I will get back to sleep much more easily during certain lunar phases. I have a neuro disorder so I can easily feel differences in the tension in my head and it seems like changing my orientation in relation to the pull of the moon helps a lot when nothing else works.

It took me about a decade to realize that the moon was affecting my sleep, but once I started tracking it, it was like clockwork. I found that very odd at first. I'm a part of a forum of those who are also mercury poisoned and it seems very common in heavy metal toxic people that their symptoms flare when they spend a lot of time around EMF devices and during the moon cycles, particularly the full moon. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the way the heavy metals are affected by magnetic field changes? This is also true of people with parasites because of the way their breeding patterns coincide with the moon cycles; additionally, women's hormonal patterns tend to be linked with the lunar cycle (I know this is true for me, but some studies show that up to 30% of women have their period during the full moon).

Just something to think about. Sounds crazy--I don't expect anyone to believe it--but try it and you might be pleasantly surprised.

todreaminblue
I've been a severe insomniac for 20 years with a lot of health complications. I relate to IndigoNight. Turns out I'm heavy metal poisoned.

So, here are the things that have helped me. Some will sound weird:

Acupuncture (!!)

Epsom salt baths

Grounding with bare feet on the earth/soil/sand and getting sufficient sunlight during the day

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique/"tapping")

Staying away from electronics (download flux app on your phone and computer to filter blue light in the evening)

No clocks/cell phones, etc. within 10 ft of the bed

Turning off WiFi at night

Switching my position in bed near the full/new moon

Regularly washing sheets (if you have a dust mite allergy)

Binaural beats (input in each ear is different to help sync your brain into a relaxed state--check out BrainSync)

Gentle stretching/exercise (like yoga)

Rubbing my palms against the bottoms of my feet 100x at night (old Chinese remedy to help the channels commonly related to sleep communicate)

Somatic therapy

Clay baths

Blocking out all light sources

Going to bed before 11pm/at same time every night

Massage

Energy healing (like Rudy Hunter)

Dietary suggestions:

No caffeine/MSG/processed or overly salty foods

Magnesium/calcium supplement at night (I keep this at my bedside and increase the dose throughout the night--helps with my tremors and to relax me even if it doesn't put me to sleep. Can't praise magnesium enough)

Quality B vitamins

Liver (for the iron and other trace minerals)

Silica

Liposomal Vitamin C

Collagen hydrolysate

Consuming yin/blood building foods regularly (like sweet potato, avocados, cherries, etc.)

I know I'm missing stuff but those are some things to consider before drugging yourself.

awesome post...thanks...deb

I'll admit, I have never had hard core sleeping issues, but o do go through periods where I wake up way too early or a bunch of times a night. My cure is...

Reduce caffeine

Exercise

Eat well

Less screens....

And masturbate (seriously if I wake up in the middle of the night I will rub one out, cum and fall back asleep).

And if all else fails, two benedryl with dinner. They really make me drozy and help me sleep through the night.

• Like 2

I doubt that celestial bodies effect our sleep cycle, if that were the case then Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus would cause us to never get any sleep

I doubt that celestial bodies effect our sleep cycle, if that were the case then Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus would cause us to never get any sleep

Those planets affect the magnetic pull on the earth?

Having lived next to the ocean all my life - the affects of the moon cycles are dramatic and impressive.

• Like 3
todreaminblue

the moon in particular has been studied in regards to effects on human reproduction and the reproduction cycles of animals.this article is interesting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16407788

..deb

• Like 4
I've been a severe insomniac for 20 years with a lot of health complications. I relate to IndigoNight. Turns out I'm heavy metal poisoned.

So, here are the things that have helped me. Some will sound weird:

Acupuncture (!!)

Epsom salt baths

Grounding with bare feet on the earth/soil/sand and getting sufficient sunlight during the day

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique/"tapping")

Staying away from electronics (download flux app on your phone and computer to filter blue light in the evening)

No clocks/cell phones, etc. within 10 ft of the bed

Turning off WiFi at night

Switching my position in bed near the full/new moon

Regularly washing sheets (if you have a dust mite allergy)

Binaural beats (input in each ear is different to help sync your brain into a relaxed state--check out BrainSync)

Gentle stretching/exercise (like yoga)

Rubbing my palms against the bottoms of my feet 100x at night (old Chinese remedy to help the channels commonly related to sleep communicate)

Somatic therapy

Clay baths

Blocking out all light sources

Going to bed before 11pm/at same time every night

Massage

Energy healing (like Rudy Hunter)

Dietary suggestions:

No caffeine/MSG/processed or overly salty foods

Magnesium/calcium supplement at night (I keep this at my bedside and increase the dose throughout the night--helps with my tremors and to relax me even if it doesn't put me to sleep. Can't praise magnesium enough)

Quality B vitamins

Liver (for the iron and other trace minerals)

Silica

Liposomal Vitamin C

Collagen hydrolysate

Consuming yin/blood building foods regularly (like sweet potato, avocados, cherries, etc.)

I know I'm missing stuff but those are some things to consider before drugging yourself.

So u went thru 20 years of dark times to become a healer and overcome the demons. It needs tremendous courage and patience!

Can u share which brands r good for Collagen , or the vitamin B etc,

I feel I need to buy some , too.

Collagen is important for the eye health and skin, heart, too.

Thank u:)

Justanaverageguy

Lots of great posts here. Many of those having success have pointed to alternative means of therapy rather then traditional "band aid" medications which will often only mask the symptoms. Don't get me wrong western medication can help in the short term - but if you have long term issues this is pointing to something deeper you need to actually heal rather then simply repress the symptoms of.

Taking a more holistic medicine approach I have personally found that sleep disturbances are most often caused by over active nervous system which is caused by repressed stress, tension or trauma being held in the body. This causes imbalances in the body. If you look at it from an eastern medicine point of view they would call these blocks in your energy field.

The only long term fix is to remove\release these. Thus practices such as the following can be of benefit:

- Magnesium Salt Baths \ Epsom Salts (magnesium acts as a natural calmer for the nervous system)

- Accupuncture

- Yoga

- Meditation

- Massage

- Mantra Chanting

- Other energy healing work

Personally I have found "shaking meditation" to be the most effective at removing blocks, stress, trauma and negative energy from the system. I often recommend people to a practice called TRE. Tension and Trauma release exercises. This practice triggers a natural involuntary tremor process in the body via the nervous system which is extremely effective at releasing tension and blocks from the body. It is actually the bodies innate and natural way to release stress from the body. You will notice when someone experiences a traumatic experience and goes into shock - the body begins to shake\tremor. The same process effects animals when under stress. This is the nervous systems natural response to release and dissipate the stress and trauma associate with the event just experience.

TRE provides a mechanism to safely and naturally trigger this tremor process manually so you can tap into the healing and cleansing power the body naturally possesses. There are TRE practitioners globally so its normally not too difficult to find someone in your area who can teach you the process through their website. Costs for a session are normally very reasonable - and after being taught the process you can do it yourself at home with no need for continual paid appointments.

Some more details here if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvD-GjkVfik

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 4
healing light

Aw, I can't remember where I had read that recently--but I had also read something about how animals in the wild shake for a few seconds to release traumatic experiences after being chased or when their life is threatened in some way. But we don't do that and thus are prone to inappropriate internalization of the flight or fight response in the form of PTSD, etc. Very interesting to see your reference to TRE therapy! I'll have to look into it. I'm a big believer in stored cellular memory and repressed trauma acting as a catalyst for many illnesses, which is why I favor modalities like EFT and somatic therapy that address the mind-body connection.

In terms of collagen recommendations, I like Great Lakes Gelatin (collagen hydrolysate--easy on the digestive system) and Vital Proteins. The former is based on bovine hide whereas the latter brand has collagen derived from marine sources or bovine sources depending on your needs (both brands are grassfed). There are different types of collagen... I, II, III. I and III are most common in bovine and in the human body (advantageous for bone, teeth, ligaments, tendons), II is particularly great for joints and eye health (found more in chicken derived collagen). You'll want to mix it with room temperature water (it congeals a bit in cold water) and a bit of juice, or you can hide it well in soups and smoothies. It tastes relatively benign but a bit gross if you drink it straight.

• Like 4
Justanaverageguy
Aw, I can't remember where I had read that recently--but I had also read something about how animals in the wild shake for a few seconds to release traumatic experiences after being chased or when their life is threatened in some way. But we don't do that and thus are prone to inappropriate internalization of the flight or fight response in the form of PTSD, etc. Very interesting to see your reference to TRE therapy! I'll have to look into it. I'm a big believer in stored cellular memory and repressed trauma acting as a catalyst for many illnesses, which is why I favor modalities like EFT and somatic therapy that address the mind-body connection.

Yes exactly - that's where a lot of the initial understanding on how TRE worked came from - The stress response from animal studies. Its had amazing results treating PTSD. If you watch videos of lions hunting animals in the wild you'll notice animals that are bitten, injured or only narrowly escape the chase will often take on this shaking immediately after the experience. There is a good video here which shows the phenomena directly in a polar bear who goes into whats called a "neurogenic tremor" after it has been caught by wild life researchers. They understand its a natural stress response and even talk through the process he is going to follow to calm himself. The beauty of TRE process is it allows you to manually trigger this specific stress releasing response without needing a preceeding traumatic event. So you can kind of force able clear out the built up stress the body has held onto.

Aside from those super stressful experiences that bring on the very pronounced involuntary tremors since I understood and experienced the tremor and its benefits I also started noticing that my dog does mini versions of this tremor about 10-20 times a day as a seeming automatic, regular dispersal of low level stress. Pretty much every dog does the same. My little Dackle will shake his head back and forth vigorously with his ears slapping on the side of his head then this quick vibrating tremor runs down the length of his body and he shakes his little but at the end. Only lasts about 3-5 seconds usually and he often does it after he wakes up or has been resting. Likely why dogs manage to stay so calm and happy all the time. They instinctually and regularly shake off any stress before it has a chance to build up. Kind of like in these videos (one owners thinks its because the dog has water in its ears but its clearly because he is stressed) ->

• Like 2
  • Author
I'll admit, I have never had hard core sleeping issues, but o do go through periods where I wake up way too early or a bunch of times a night. My cure is...

Reduce caffeine

Exercise

Eat well

Less screens....

And masturbate (seriously if I wake up in the middle of the night I will rub one out, cum and fall back asleep).

And if all else fails, two benedryl with dinner. They really make me drozy and help me sleep through the night.

I can tell from personal experience that you are also correct on the masturbation part

Especially if I havent had sex in a bit at all. The best would be to have my partner next to me, unless she is sleeping deeply of course yet the physical release of masturbation or sex with someone always does it for me. Probably for women too.

healing light,

I just found Great lakes,it is from bovine and pork,:) and it seems mostly r I and III, such as Doctor's best...will try hard to search II(chicken), my eye is not very good, and I use too much, work on computer.

Justanaverageguy,

I will do this yoga tonight, I was diagnosed as compound PTSD, generally controlled now, but actually those trauma never really totally leave u.....

I feel this yoga is easier to do and fun,:)

not as complicated as others.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

i sort of do the shake therapy thing maybe its the animal in me....i get tremors in certain situations like having to give talks in front of people so ill shake my hands .....when i used to have to go on stage and dance i would do the same routine off stage shake all the anxiety out of my legs and out of my hands and arms...makes sense it might help.....it always helps me.....feel more grounded and able to cope..its interesting to read some of the holistic methods mentioned in this thread....for me often the side effects of medication are worse than the actual problem..i always prefer the natural approach....deb

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
i sort of do the shake therapy thing maybe its the animal in me....i get tremors in certain situations like having to give talks in front of people so ill shake my hands .....when i used to have to go on stage and dance i would do the same routine off stage shake all the anxiety out of my legs and out of my hands and arms...makes sense it might help.....it always helps me.....feel more grounded and able to cope..its interesting to read some of the holistic methods mentioned in this thread....for me often the side effects of medication are worse than the actual problem..i always prefer the natural approach....deb

Just giving yourself a good shake helps - but if you can follow the trigger process to bring out the completely involuntary neurogenic tremor like your saw the bear doing it hits something else entirely. Very intense. Have seen it completely transform peoples well being after only a couple of sessions. Would recommend seeking out a proper teacher if you can as they will walk you through how to bring it on safely and easily.

There is another group in Australia that use the same techniques and have had profound results not just with emotional and mental well being but also significant physical injury rehabilitation.

• Like 1

You guys are in my prayers. I highly recommend getting exercise, though I'm sure most if not all have/are tried/trying it.