Really dislike OLD

People seem to think it's required that they claim to love travel, extreme sports, and yoga. They don't really, though. Never yet had a guy even willing to go hiking with me. But the ones who don't try to make themselves out as some kind of jetsetter superhero are way more appealing to me.

That's the thing. In the profile, the guy states that they travel every weekend, hike, camp, and are super busy, and I won't even bother writing them because I simply don't do those things, or I don't do those things with any level of frequency, nor can I afford it, and I just simply don't have the energy. Maybe they're lying or exaggerating, but it's there, in their profile, and I take the profile description at face value.

• Like 1
Yeah, if the guy suggest only Netflix and chill instead of going out as his profile suggest, much less travel the world, I would feel a bit... lied to as well.

LOL - part of the reason my first wife and I divorced is I was a bit of a homebody - and she wanted to go out all the time to art openings, lectures, and snooty social events, etc..

I think I put in my yahoo dating profile (over a decade ago) something like "a good evening for me is a nice dinner out followed by a glass of wine and a movie at home". Chilis and Blockbuster back then.

Edited by dichotomy
  • Like 1
Cookiesandough

Amazon Prime and Sexy Time. Hulu and Hang. Popcorn Time and... ****. Nothing. Nothing else is going down when it's Popcorn Time.

But yeah. At least people who put n&c are more honest about their lack of social life than us.

• Like 2