How to cope with conceited neighbor?

igotoverit

BarbedFenceRider
and even better.. when he brings the bowl back, I am going to use that opportunity to say to him, that I was confused on how to proceed with this situation since you are a male and I am a female. I don't want my kind actions to lead you to believe I like you. In the past our conversations have given me the impression you are confused by that sometimes.

Awkward.... I have a hard time seeing where he is conceited though. I mean seriously, he is sharing your house and lives in your basement? Did I get that wrong though?

As for the damn bowl, just say "dude, let me get that bowl back from ya, so I can wash it." ...There it's done. And you don't look like you are ready to jump his bones.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Author
Awkward.... I have a hard time seeing where he is conceited though. I mean seriously, he is sharing your house and lives in your basement? Did I get that wrong though?

As for the damn bowl, just say "dude, let me get that bowl back from ya, so I can wash it." ...There it's done. And you don't look like you are ready to jump his bones.

:rolleyes:

I think the way I handled it at the grocery store, I think he gets I am just friendly. He lives downstairs, I had some bad tenants before him, I picked some too fast and it didn't end so well. He gets his rent inclusive and he uses my internet for free. I had some speakers and an extra tv just sitting in the garage. I gave it to him to help him out. I don't want to jump his bones. I'm still self loathing over a guy that I am seeking therapy to move past.

• Like 1
BarbedFenceRider
I think you made a mistake. If a lady leaves a bowl of marinated meat on my porch, I'm banging her. You probably just made this guy want you all that much more.

Hahahaha! I don't know how I missed this...Busy at work and late to reply I guess.

But I have to say for me.....Its bacon, or tacos. Girl brings bacon or tacos, it's on!!!!! lol

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

Next time use "Gladware", its cheap and no big loss if you don't get it back.

When I give food away to people, I always use gladware or something similar that is disposable.

As far as neighbors, I keep my distance and just exchange pleasantries at the fence.

• Like 3

I thought the whole point of using a real bowl was that the guy can have an excuse to come knock on her door, ya know, to return her bowl :p:o

Next time use "Gladware", its cheap and no big loss if you don't get it back.

When I give food away to people, I always use gladware or something similar that is disposable.

As far as neighbors, I keep my distance and just exchange pleasantries at the fence.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
I thought the whole point of using a real bowl was that the guy can have an excuse to come knock on her door, ya know, to return her bowl :p:o

Well if that is the case, just be direct.

Knock on his door wearing two strategically placed bowls and a thong. Explain to him that he has the third bowl that completes the set...

Now who wants to wash some dishes!!

• Like 1
BarbedFenceRider

Welp, this went downhill fast.....

hehe.

OP can do like my inlaws do and use old potato salad containers with foil on top next time. Hell, I've got like a million of those. lol

Don't tell, but my MIL re-uses chinet spoons and forks. Seriously! She takes recycling after a party to the max!

CantTakeMySmile
I ran into him at the grocery store oddly enough and he came up to me and said hi and asked how I was. I told him I wasn't feeling well and had the flue so barely left my house in two weeks. it was more appropriate then tell him, I've been depressed and sitting home self loathing over a man and unrequited love. We chatted for a couple of minutes then parted ways. As I was leaving the grocery store, he was outside and offered me a ride home. I told him I was going to head over the thrift store then to grab myself a coffee but thanked him. Super nice guy, neither of us mentioned my bowl but I acted indifferent and didn't want him to know I was his crazy upstairs neighbor lol. I say crazy because who does this.

why did you not ask for bowl? It is funny how different people are, I would not have even remembered the bowl!!!