Uncomfortable situation between two friends

Which honestly kind of shows he’s not in this for the friendship.

Stick with this. You got it. Nothing to guess about. If he was actually your friend he would be happy you found someone to go out with. He's just serving his time, thinking he will get a chance for a romantic relationship with you. He's pissed because he feels like he wasted his time and effort to get with you.If you do as you said and leave the ball in his court, honestly even if he still wants to be friends, he still thinks he's in line, and will still think you owe him.

Best is to tell him there is ZERO chance of a romantic relationship with you and let him sort it out from there.

• Author
Stick with this. You got it. Nothing to guess about. If he was actually your friend he would be happy you found someone to go out with. He's just serving his time, thinking he will get a chance for a romantic relationship with you. He's pissed because he feels like he wasted his time and effort to get with you.If you do as you said and leave the ball in his court, honestly even if he still wants to be friends, he still thinks he's in line, and will still think you owe him.

Best is to tell him there is ZERO chance of a romantic relationship with you and let him sort it out from there.

You’re absolutely right. We’ve talked a little bit here and there but there’s definitely an elephant in the room so to speak, and I think he might still honk he has a chance. And I’ve noticed Alex has backed off a little since his talk with Justin. So I definitely need to let Justin know where I stand. Thanks.

You’re absolutely right. We’ve talked a little bit here and there but there’s definitely an elephant in the room so to speak, and I think he might still honk he has a chance. And I’ve noticed Alex has backed off a little since his talk with Justin. So I definitely need to let Justin know where I stand. Thanks.

Be careful when you do this.