Will he get the hint that I like him?

Tinkerbell741

You said the word “friendship”...that would have automatically told me you weren’t interested in me. It probably had the opposite effect that you wanted it to. Here’s the thing if you bunker down you know especially after this message you sent that he’ll get the wrong idea. Isn’t it better to know one way or the other? If he’s interested, you point blank telling him that you are will only help things. If you don’t want him in your life...stay the current course.

Cookiesandough

"Lately you don't talk to me very much and you give me the idea that you don't like me. I hope it's not like that because I appreciate your friendship and when you talk to me."

To me that doesn't hint that you like him as more than a friend in the slightest. That is in fact probably the worst thing you can say to a guy who has tired of pretending to be friends and and not getting laid so has backed off. He will see "friendship" and be done. It's also kind of guilt trippy if you were genuine friends - "you don't talk to me like you used to therefore you must not like me". IMO people don't respond well to wording like that. It's better if you're like hay I miss talking to you. How've you been.

I feel if you want to go from friends to more attempt it in person and without words.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2