I feel like I've ruined things

nothingsintheflowerz

Cookiesandough

I think you need to focus on getting to know the guys first before getting physical because that can make it fuzzy for some people. I don't think you need to wait 6 months and tbh I don't think it would do any good because there are plenty of guys who will date you for 6 months and if they want in bad enough and then they will drop you once they get it (even if it's not intentional - like you just aren't sexually compatible). It's sad but true.

It's not only about time frame but how much effort they show. They will show interest in you and who you are as a person. They will be consistent with actions not just words. They will be consistent with communication though. They will take you on more than netflix dates (nothing wrong with netflix dates but they'll want to do more than that with you even if it's not expensive) You will not sense red flags. Once someone shows red flags you need to drop them. Don't waste time on guys like that. Only invest what they do. Don't idealize the person before you know what kind of person he is because he might not be a good or right for you.You have to think of it as the guy is applying to date you and he's lucky if he gets the position :)Only get physical when you want to...don't use it as a prize. You are the prize, not sex. Don't let someone pressure you to sleep with them before you're ready to either. If you're not ready tell them "I don't sleep with guys until I get to know them better" or something along those lines and if they pressure you at all. RED FLAG.

Sorry if this is 101 stuff and it's not 100% foolproof but it is the best way I think to find a relationship-quality person

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1