When men move on and you're still single

Some people just jump from one relationship to another. I wouldn’t take it personally.

My ex probably knew who he was going to try to date the second I broke up with him, if not before.

Also, I fail to see how it’s shameful that you would be single and he’s not...?

Some people just jump from one relationship to another. I wouldn’t take it personally.

My ex probably knew who he was going to try to date the second I broke up with him, if not before.

Also, I fail to see how it’s shameful that you would be single and he’s not...?

In my case, I think it bothered him that I was single and having fun, enjoying life. He was out dating, saw me socializing and having fun single, and he wanted me back.

Think about the relationships you've ended. Didn't you give the decision a lot of thought? People don't wake up one morning and decide to end their relationship. Once the idea first crosses their mind, they weigh the consequences, seriously consider what it would mean to be single, try to envision how it would work, ask themselves if they're really going to be happier or not, etc. So by the time they actually say the words they've already made the mental adjustment. They are effectively weeks or months ahead of you.

Men can move just as quickly as women when it comes to healing, and especially the men between ages 27-30. Have you ever heard of "training wheels"? It absolutely exists! It's not right or wrong or anybody's fault. Everyone matures, loves, grows, and changes at their own speed.

Being single is nothing to be ashamed of. Being in a relationship doesn't make someone better; it just means they've found someone they want to be with at the moment, that's all.

• Like 1

This is actually pretty common. It sucks to say but all my exes have gotten into relationships a lot quicker than me after breakups. It usually takes me a few months to get over a serious and long relationship, but all three of my exes from more serious relationships immediately went into other relationships. Just the way life is sometimes

I guess my question is though, how come it's ok for guys to just move on and find someone as if going out with me was like losing a sock and for mei have to ' heal' & rebuild my life.

Sorry to hear that. Also, our gut instincts are usually right.

I don't think it's a male or female thing. Many times when someone ends a relationship, they have someone waiting in the wings. They shield themselves from upps and downs. These new relationships rarely last. After a while, the ex sees that this person also has faults.