Found out Dad I was interested in is married?!

Why did they close the other thread? :confused:

I guess the mods thought the story was over. lol

Anyway, I did predict early on that he would never make a move.

And yes, it does get boring when nothing happens.

Plus, the BB season is over, so now what? Even more boringness that's what! lol

If you don't meet another man in the off season, then you might spark it back up with B-dad when the new season starts.

Still don't think he'll make a move but this kind of is a good bridge to you dating other men, imho. It'll whet your whistle.

WorldInMyEyes
Why did they close the other thread? :confused:

I guess the mods thought the story was over. lol

Anyway, I did predict early on that he would never make a move.

And yes, it does get boring when nothing happens.

Plus, the BB season is over, so now what? Even more boringness that's what! lol

If you don't meet another man in the off season, then you might spark it back up with B-dad when the new season starts.

Still don't think he'll make a move but this kind of is a good bridge to you dating other men, imho. It'll whet your whistle.

Popsicle, what's your thought process behind knowing he won't make a move? Just curious, thanks.

treehugger12

I have read this whole thread before it was closed, I really think OP has read way to much into him, B-Dad is a huge fantasy of hers, if he was really interested, he easily could have gotten flirty with texts or emails and got the ball rolling, I know, it’s happened to me with a MM. He’s not interested, he very well could be happy in his marriage. She may have a pretty face but come on, what guy doesn’t look at a pretty face? Her behavior is obsessive, he has not made a move and now she acts like she’s not interested, she’s been rejected. Leave this MM alone and find yourself a single man. Your wasting your time and energy and potentially harming your son.

• Like 3
Popsicle, what's your thought process behind knowing he won't make a move? Just curious, thanks.

He’s scared! He has to deal with the double whammy of being afraid of getting caught and the fear of rejection.

• Like 1

So last night he finally sent out an email at around 9:00 pm! He wrote about the celebration and added “[My name] has offered to bring a dessert for the boys. (Thank you, [My name]!!). Now all the parents know... But that’s ok.

This statement is indicative of the problem with this whole situation. All the parents know what exactly? That you are bringing a dessert to the party?

This whole "relationship" has occurred in the OP head. B-ball dad has done absolutely nothing to indicate that he is interested in pursuing a relationship with this woman... He has noticed her, been friendly with her and her son, and that is all...

This is the thing when people begin to think that fantasy is their reality... they often feel let down by the reality of the situation.

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 4
hippychick3

So little has actually happened, that I don't even think his wife would feel threatened if she knew the whole story (pissed at this woman fantasizing about her husband, but not at her husband). Nothing he has done has indicated he would cheat on her.

• Like 1
He’s scared! He has to deal with the double whammy of being afraid of getting caught and the fear of rejection.

Or he’s just not interested..he hasn’t done much more than look at the OP and make some friendly comments. She could be completely misinterpreting his friendliness because of her feelings for him.

• Like 3