Ladies who do OLD, how do you select?

Cookiesandough

• Author
Cookiesandough

Oh not all the girls have pics like that I wanna be clear. Some are very normal and beautiful. Just some of them have an odd filter (and some guys use the same one which is scarier)

snip

That sounds absolutely exhausting.

Edited by Cookiesandough

That sounds absolutely exhausting.

Written down like this, yes, but actually this thought process doesn’t really take so much time, especially considering that there where not *that* many guys that I liked and who seemed promising.

• Author
Cookiesandough
Written down like this, yes, but actually this thought process doesn’t really take so much time, especially considering that there where not *that* many guys that I liked and who seemed promising.

I understand. It's actually one of the best pieces of OLD advice I've received. Thank you. It just seems so tiring to go through people when you're barely feeling it or know what you what. I am going to try this, though. Thanks again

Yea I see very ...altered...pics when I check out the girls on the sites. (This happens on the male side too, but thankfully not too often) It's really strange. Some are so filtered they look like aliens or something. It's not only unnatural it's not flattering photo editing imo. I'm talking HUGE googly eyes disproportionate to very very small face (is this a filter that makes this or something?) and puckered lips a sooooo blurry!!. I have to think the girl is actually prettier than that. No matter what she looks like she has to look better than a blurry ant genetically spliced with a bratz doll.

I don't understand why a person would inaccurately depict themselves because you won't get much further than a first date if it's bad enough and even if you do, that's really embarrassing and disappointing I would think. I like to pleasantly surprise my dates not disappoint or shock them. Theres no fun in that

I think it's because they feel they will win you over with their personality.

The first ever OLD date I was on had a single (red flag) pic from a high MySpace angle (another red flag).

When she showed up she had to be 70 lbs heavier and several years older than I was lead to beleive.

I've seen tons of women hiding behind kids/dogs/trees/flowing dresses and now I bypass them.

I think nothing is wrong with a flattering picture, but intentionally trying to deceive people is wrong.

I've seen the idiot filters (less of a problem as you get older but screams to me they are not serious about finding someone) but the ones I'm talking about are filtering to show smoother skin, less age, thinness, etc.

It's always a disappointment when you see them in person. It's no better than a bald guy air brushing on a Ralph Machio ala Karate Kid head of hair to his pics. Or saying he is 6'2" and shows up at 5'6" (which I heard happens a lot).

Perhaps people are putting up what they want to look like? I'm wise to the tricks now so it's less of s problem.

• Like 1

Good written English, intelligence, a nice tone, good manners, able to talk about almost anything and some physical attraction.

• Like 3

I don't do old, but if I will.

I will choose based on

His looks

What he wears

Does he look trash or not.

You know, his political and religious things are also a factor

Like I can tolerate a conservative if he was an atheist :D

I like someone who I can argue with all the time.

Sadly, there was only one person like that.

We used to fight and argue all the time

Fun times, never coming back again.

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1
Sadly, there was only one person like that.

I will answer your OPINION with my own opinions

There is never ONLY ONE

Maybe there is ONLY ONE you have met so far in this life

There IS ONLY ONE who can be the NEXT ONE

There is ONLY ONE who was or will be the LAST ONE

Personally, I'm still searching with the hope that my next one will be my last one. So far the search itself has been both enlightening and enjoyable.

• Like 2
some_username1
One thing to add to this, many guys have done the back and forth thing many times only to have the conversation die by her not responding. It makes you put in less effort because you feel it's gonna fail anyway.

I remember when I first started I put in a lot of effort (eharmony) and went back and forth with long messages only to have them flake.

Now I'm so jaded I put in minimal effort and ask them out within 2-3 messages. If a woman is interested she will meet. If she's not she won't. I switched to bumble and stopped reading profiles.

I've saved myself days of back and forth with this approach.

Yep, that was how it was for me, i started out on OKcupid writing well crafted messages after reading 10 a4 sides of bio and finished up on Tinder just looking at the first couple of pictures and asking the girl on a date within a few messages. Some you win some you lose,

Its another contrast between the experience that men and women have on OLD that women can afford to bounce between suitors looking for that perfect 10 message long chain where you discuss your favourite gerbil breeds. The exact opposite is true of guys, we need to move quickly because we can and will be replaced with ease.

• Like 1

I check his educational qualification and job status.

Next I see if I find his profile description interesting.

Then if I find him attractive.

And I only respond to those who message me.

I don't message anyone.

• Like 2