Ok, throwing it out there to the forum, what do YOU do?

mortensorchid

Just cuz I'm a little annoyed - how old are you? For me, it WAS 'not that difficult to meet people in real life' 40 years ago before I was first married. Now (and the community I live in is a significant 'variable'), I am finding it just about impossible - unless you think it's appropriate for a 60-something to ask a 16 y/o he meets at a dance class (literally happened a couple of weeks ago - and, NO - I did NOT ask her out) if she wants to 'go out'. Geez, people, understand that there are circumstances where what works for you, doesn't work for others!

Half your age.

Hobbies, events, and going out it's not that difficult. If you're a man, you just have to start a conversation. Does rejection happen? Definitely

House parties, free concerts, bar where bands are playing.

then there is the oddball grocery shopping or places I take my kids to have fun.

usually there is one or two women i catch looking at me.

At which point i meet their stare and wait until they look away then just approach and introduce myself.

I mean they were looking for a reason and i'm too old to care about rejection.

So what happens when you go talk to them ?

Meeting people I have no issues with. I meet new people everyday. Something must be wrong with me I guess because I can't find anyone interested in me.

Getting out the house and socializing is a key but I have no idea what my problem is.